Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Princess Michael in racist comments 'shocker'

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe so, but since the Royal family are supposed to represent the entire nation, they should BE representative of everyone.

Making racist comments means that (perhaps) in private they disapprove of black members of British society.
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    Maybe so, but since the Royal family are supposed to represent the entire nation, they should BE representative of everyone.

So have you ever said something and though maybe I shouldnt have said that ? its very easy done, ive done it myself lots of times and even here deleted stuff because it just didnt come across right.

All Im saying is you just never know.
    Of course. But they should show more tact.
    Of course. But they should show more tact.

So they have to be perfect at all times ? and accidents dont happen just because they are royals ?

Nah i dont buy that, we all mistakes regardless of who we are.
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    One thing people should try to remember is that we are all human..........even royalty.

Naaah, they're lizards innit.
    Well if David Icke is to be believed... ;)
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Naaah, they're lizards innit.
    Well if David Icke is to be believed... ;)

Hey what kinda time is this to come on the boards........your late :D
    So they have to be perfect at all times ? and accidents dont happen just because they are royals ?

Nah i dont buy that, we all mistakes regardless of who we are.

I reckon they are racist. Supposedly the much 'beloved' Queen Mother hated blacks.

And Prince Phillip always makes some gaffe. Besides I don't think I've EVER seen a member of the royals associate with a non-white person. All of Will's friends are white!
    "You look like you're ready for bed!"
    -- (Said to the President of Nigeria, who was dressed in traditional muslim robes.)

"Do you know they have eating dogs for the anorexic now?"
    -- (Said to a blind woman with a guide dog, 2002).

Those quotes are insane. He's clueless. Imagine the gold he lets out when not quoted...

The royals drain us for money, but as long as they make good enterntainment value, I'll be a bit moe hapy about having them.
    I would say that a lot of the older royals are probably prejudice because they're stuck in their own little worlds which are out of touch with reality and 50 years back in time.
    One thing people should try to remember is that we are all human..........even royalty. So if you look at me how many times have I said something here which has been interpreted the wrong way ? I used to not think before I spoke and things all came out the wrong way (bit like Lukes doing now ;) ), but yeah after Id said something, even though i didnt mean no harm, disrespect in it I thought you silly cow, what the hell did you say that for.
    So what im saying is that sometimes people say stuff without thinking, by that time its too late and your classed as racist. Just something worth thinking about.

You can't make racist comments by mistake though!
    Originally posted by dantheman
    I would say that a lot of the older royals are probably prejudice because they're stuck in their own little worlds which are out of touch with reality and 50 years back in time.

At least Charles tries to be in touch though and Diana obvious wasn't racist.
    The Sole Liber surely to BE representative of the whole nation some of them will have to be racists as well? :lol::lol:

What do you mean by representative? Should we have a Black royal, a white royal and a arab royal? What about some gay royals too? and of course some poor royals and some rich ones, Muslim ones, Christians, Hindus??

Also is what she said confirmed or just a accusation?
    Why not get rid of the royals?
    Perhaps because we would just replace them with an unrepresentative president who will always be a white rich stright Protestant man that does nothing to "be representative" and solve this apparent problem?
    You just described the royals perfectly.
    Except the royals are not all men? Perhaps it would be more correct to say I was describing the American presidency......
    :rolleyes:
    at least we cant blame ourselves directly from the mistakes the royalty makes, whilst we'll just vote for a crappy president, you know we will, could you imagine tony blair official president ARGHHHH
    But why in the 21st century do we have an unelected head of state which is chosen by birthright?

I would rather have a president at least we can vote for another person if we wanted to ever get rid of him
    Originally posted by Rocksteady
    The Sole Liber surely to BE representative of the whole nation some of them will have to be racists as well? :lol::lol:

What do you mean by representative? Should we have a Black royal, a white royal and a arab royal? What about some gay royals too? and of course some poor royals and some rich ones, Muslim ones, Christians, Hindus??

Also is what she said confirmed or just a accusation?

That's their job fuckwit.

The Queen as a figurehead with little political power is meant to be a unifying focus for the nation.

They also represent us abroad.

Keep up in future dipshit.
    Originally posted by marv
    But why in the 21st century do we have an unelected head of state which is chosen by birthright?

I would rather have a president at least we can vote for another person if we wanted to ever get rid of him

'the people most suited for power and responsibility dont want it, and vice versa' springs to mind thats why - with the queen its her duty to be head of state, and shes born with a lot of power, but a lot of responsibilty which i think the royalty tends to keep better than any politicians, as most politicians sell their souls for votes

voting for a new president is replacing one idiot with another, and it overcomes voter apathy too :p
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    the sole liber and Rocksteady, that's quite enough thank you.
    Can they not represent those racists among us as well? :lol:
    Besides I don't think I've EVER seen a member of the royals associate with a non-white person. All of Will's friends are white!

So what if all of prince william's friends are white? he went to eton and then went to edinburgh university, not exactly the most diverse group of people you'll ever meet. and last time i checked, the UK was a country predominantly of people of caucasian background :P

What does who he's friends with have to do with things anyways? You get on with whoever you get on with. You have certain backgrounds, then you meet certain sort of people. I'm chinese but all my friends are white :rolleyes:

*edited because I can't type properly* :rolleyes:
    It's just proves the Royal Family are racist!
    Do any of you feel more pride in those ethnic minorities among us who can call themselves British than those left wing WASPS among us?
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    No, a few undesireble people make racist comments. The majority of people are decent human beings who refrain from making such comments, no matter how pissed they might be.

Or angry?

I am fed up of people not being able to distinguish between insults and racism. I really am.

No doubt somebody will bleat "but people who think or say those words obviously are prejudiced", but that is a moronic viewpoint in the extreme.

When people are intoxicated or angry they use insulting words- it doesn't show bigotry, and it doesn't show racism.

"Racism" seems to the the thought-crime of the moment, but the stupid thing is it is instances like this that everyone bleats about as "racist". Intent not words, people.
    It's just proves the Royal Family are racist!

right.... so if i was white and not chinese then the fact that all my close friends are white would mean i was racist? :rolleyes:

kermit - i do agree with your sentiments, especially:

"Racism" seems to the the thought-crime of the moment, but the stupid thing is it is instances like this that everyone bleats about as "racist". Intent not words, people.