Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

worried

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the nursery im in for college placement has offered me a job for which i have accepted. i got told last week and am over the moon.
thing is i had to phone in sick this tuesday(im there monday and tuesday) and im a bit worried they might think im at it cos it was after a bank holiday weekend and maybe they might think ive just been hungover or couldnt be arsed. ive never missed placement before and im not stupid enough to chuck a sickie the week after they give me a job im just worried about what they think.
there was no way i could have went in, i couldnt have got out of bed and it was my mum that phoned and left a message on the answer phone. today is my first day out and that was only to pop in to collge for half an hour.
when they interviewed me they manager was telling me how she trusted me etc etc so should i be worried that they think im at it or if they have told me they trust me will they trust that i was really sick?
maybe i should get a grip and stop worrying but its in my nature to worry.
i just dont want to cock up before ive started the job!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well there's not a lot that can be done now; just make sure you apologise in person to your superior next time you see them, and be extra-diligent in all the other stuff you do. I'm sure it'll be ok - after they get to know you better they'll forget about it.:)
    but do you have to apologise for being genuinely ill.
    i get on fine there and get on with what i should be i would just hate for them to think i wasnt ill at all as i know plenty of students out there dont think twice about not going in to placement.
    if it wasnt for the fact i accepted a job off them last week i wouldnt be worried.
    Not because you've done anything wrong, it's just general courtesy to say "I'm so sorry I couldn't come in on tuesday, I genuinely felt awful! I've been so worried all week in case I'd ruined your impression of me!", and it'll probably calm any concerns they have over your reliability if they know you've been panicky!
    good point. thanks :)
    In future; make sure it is YOU that phones up. Your Mum will make you seem immature and unwilling to bite the bullet when it comes to your responsiblities. :yes:
    i couldnt physically have got out of my bed to get to the phone or i would have called myself. i was sick and my head was spinning.
    its all good anyway. was back in today and all that was said was how was i feeling with no hint of sarcasm :)