Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Renault Clios

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anybody here know of any good websites for modifying them? im considering buying a 1.4 Race Tech clio, a mark 1, but id wana do lotsa stuff to it. currently own a corsa+its shite, so just wana experiment with a car for abit, just have some fun. my b/f will help me+his mate is a mechanic, so i should be ok. anybody who can recommend any websites with things such as interior+exterior styling, viynls (spelling?), or engine performance (not as bothered about this tho, as it should be quite nippy) Cheers every1 :)
BTW, i have looked around and found a few sites, but just wondered if any1 on here could recommend any. Post a pic of ur clio if uve got one too!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    People with modded cars = fannies.

Just buy a decent car instead of buying a shite one and trying to make it good.
    Originally posted by Kiezo

exactly, dont matter what you do with it you still got a shit car at the end of the day.
    The Clio is a good car, don't ruin it by tryin' to kit it up.

Actually, it depends on how the car has been modified.

:lol:

Boy racers...
    Re: Renault Clios
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    does anybody here know of any good websites for modifying them? im considering buying a 1.4 Race Tech clio, a mark 1, but id wana do lotsa stuff to it. currently own a corsa+its shite, so just wana experiment with a car for abit, just have some fun. my b/f will help me+his mate is a mechanic, so i should be ok. anybody who can recommend any websites with things such as interior+exterior styling, viynls (spelling?), or engine performance (not as bothered about this tho, as it should be quite nippy) Cheers every1 :)
    BTW, i have looked around and found a few sites, but just wondered if any1 on here could recommend any. Post a pic of ur clio if uve got one too!!!

Search for renault mods etc etc in google :)

Cant agree more :D. I still haven't got those irn-bru bars though :(.
    Originally posted by []\[]02
    Actually, it depends on how the car has been modified.

Yeah I guess you're right. If you're going to do it anyway you might as well do it right, so here's a few tips:

Step one: Install a new exhaust pipe

Preferably, this should be large enough to store six illegal immigrants in. Not that you'd ever need to, it's just best to be prepared. You see, as the engine runs, it makes tiny "speed particles" that move backwards out of your car, forcing it to move forward. By making your exhaust pipe wider, it is easier for these speed particles to leave, preventing them from staying inside your car and clogging your sparkplugs and air conditioner which would in turn make the car interior too hot, and steam up your mirror preventing you from fixing your make-up while rallying down the motorway. If you're really wanting to turn it into a high preformance vehicle, I recommend adding a second exhaust pipe to your car. For those of you who failed high school maths, (which let's face it, most people with modded cars did), this will mathematically double the maximum speed of the car. After you've got those widened exhausts, you will notice an immediate improvement in how fast you think you're going. This is also added to if you turn your fake Burberry cap 'round backwards and sit forward slightly so it looks like you jammed your stolen mobile phone up your arse and are trying your hardest to shit it out. As an added bonus, your car will sound much louder, allowing people in neighbouring cities to know just how fast your car is. If you can't afford a wider exhause pipe, try removing your cars muffler. You will receive similar benefits, and it will make your engine sound like a race car's. VRRRROOM!

Step two: Tinted headlights

This little tune-up can turn the shittiest of cars into futuristic road machines like that kick ass talking one from Knightrider and that curly haired guy from Baywatch. Which was another kick ass show even if purely for the opening sequence where they ran along the beach. Anyway, by tinting your headlights, you're telling people that you aren't just some other loser with un-tinted headlights, but that you are a street-savvy racer with dark headlights. You see, those dark headlights add a sense of mystery to your car, and to you as well. Many stores (Halfords, Harry's Discount Ned Car Part Store etc.) carry tinted headlights, but you can always do the job yourself with a permanent marker (Note: you can also use markers to tint your windows and to get high. Make sure you have enough markers).

Step three: Buy an amazing stereo system

First off, remember that a car's stereo system is not designed to play music. It is designed to attract people's attention so they can see how cool your car is. There is only one word you need to know to get a better system for your car: bass. For starting out, I recommend at least five 12-inch subs. Now, realise that the strong bass you need will make it impossible for you to actually listen to music, (should you be able to actually hear the fucking thing over the extremely large exhaust you installed earlier), because even playing The Doc Horatios' CD, "Disney Hits", will cause your entire head to vibrate. Don't worry, the stereo isn't there for something pointless like listening to music, it's there for showing off. I also suggest you get one of those really cool ones with a multi-colour display and detachable face, and possibly one that rotates for some reason or othedr. Neither of these actually does anything useful, but when you're going for the look, you've got to get the whole look. After all, you can't look like a ned just by wearing Lacoste tracksuits and Burberry caps. The same goes for car: your car can't look like a ned just by wearing Lacoste tracksuits and Burberry caps.

Suggested music:

To really show off that bangin', phat, largin' it, wiiiicked, safe as fuck bass, I suggest one of three choices:
    1. Play "Brass Monkey" by the Beastie Boys on a continuous loop. One of the guys at my school does this, and he is by far the most popular employee at the McDonalds in Springburn.
    2. If you are uncertain of what to buy, just look for something with black people on the cover. Search for key words like "Hip", "Gangsta", "Dogg" and random letters like "D" or "G".
    3. "Spybreak" by the Propellorheads. Poobably one of my favourite all time songs. Used in the lobby scene in The Matrix. This may or may not give your car mystical Kung-Fu like powers and the ability to drive up walls.

Oh, and one thing any self-respecting, tracksuit wearing, scumbag, piece of shit ned should know about modifying cars: "Type R" stickers. They practically double the speed of your car, and tripple your hard-ass factor factor. And while you're being chased by four "polis" cars and one of those cool helicopters that records the chase for shows like "Police, Camera, Action!", they'll stop and think twice when they see those bad boys :thumb:

Edit: "double", not "souble" :/
    Hahaha Lovin' it Kiezo :thumb:
    Originally posted by Wilko
    Cant agree more :D. I still haven't got those irn-bru bars though :(.

Grr :mad:

Still not sent paperBprincess' :E
    Grr :mad:

Still not sent paperBprincess' :E

I'll be at the frontdoor tomorrow by the time the postman comes, if he doesn't have them he's going to get a bit of a bollocking.

And you missed out Step Four. It's got to look like Thunderbird 2 http://www.gimpcity.com/how/spoiler.jpg

Kiezo........fooking hell, I agree 100% .

Now theres a first ;)
    Yeah I guess you're right. If you're going to do it anyway you might as well do it right, so here's a few tips:

Lmao that was funny :D

I hate it when shitheads think there car is really fast because they have a big exhaust. Fuckers need to learn what actual mods are.
    Here's the rear end of the Myhneer Clio:

FCS-MyhneerClio.jpg
    Originally posted by Crispy

FCS-MyhneerClio.jpg

Ahahaahhaha I laughed so hard I just shat myself.
    keizo - a few points for you. first of all, the clio RT isnt shit (could be alot worse i could have a fiest, nova, etc), and im only young so cant afford a larger car!! i dont wana stack it up+modify it in the useless ways you listed and it needs nothing done to the engine. your speaking total bull about exhausts, i dont want a big bore. and permanent markers on headlights :eek2: ???? :lol: to your taste in music, also, very very funny!! (at least i hope you were joking) Also, who are you to judge me??? boy racer?? Well, firstly - IM A GIRL!! secondly, i aint some scally who walks round stealing hi-fi's and squeaking, so 4get the trackies.

[]/[]02 - the size of an exhaust doesn't affect the speed, i agree with u there. Also agree with when u said the clio's good - which is why i dont want to change it too much.

Crispy - a very unusual car, but i dont want a spoiler that big!! V individual tho.

that's the thing im mostly looking for (maybe i should've made myself clearer for some people :rolleyes: ), changing the interior to make it look unique (and no keizo, b4 u suggest more subs and bucket seats, no thank u!!) its just abit of fun - maybe you should all lighten up abit.

BTW, why dont u post a ppic of ur car Keizo, so i can see what a real car (not a heap of rubbish like my car apparently is) looks like??? :D

FCS-MyhneerClio.jpg

that's a clio?! :eek2:
    Originally posted by MoonRat

Boy racers...

:heart:
    This is how I think a clio should be (:

Would prefer it in black, but I'm quite happy with my 106. :thumb:
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    I'm quite happy with my 106.

me too.

then again, i'm all for crappy little cars. long as it gets you there. i've got better things to spend my money on than ridiculous car insurance because i thought my car would look better with bits stuck on.
    This is what a car should be like.
    car.jpg 33.5K
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    me too.

then again, i'm all for crappy little cars. long as it gets you there. i've got better things to spend my money on than ridiculous car insurance because i thought my car would look better with bits stuck on.

i like 106's, one of the best pugs u can get!! im only contemplating doing this bcos my insurance is dropping by £400 soon, cos of the no-claims bonus.
    i like 106's, one of the best pugs u can get!!

No, the best.
    keizo - a few points for you. first of all, the clio RT isnt shit (could be alot worse i could have a fiest, nova, etc), and im only young so cant afford a larger car!!

Fair enough if you can't afford a better car, but you said you're gonna modify your Clio. Now I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that you were actually going to pay for these modifications, but hey, with you loose-cannon street racer types you never know :)
    i dont wana stack it up+modify it in the useless ways you listed and it needs nothing done to the engine.

What, and "making the interior more unique" actually has a purpose?
    your speaking total bull about exhausts, i dont want a big bore. and permanent markers on headlights :eek2: ????

Firstly, you're an idiot. Secondly, well, you're still an idiot. I was joking :eek: You know, taking the piss outta the idiots (you!) that think strapping bits of plastic onto your car somehow improves the cars aerodynamics or that widening your exhaust serves any other purpose than to wake me up at 3 in the fucking morning.
    and permanent markers on headlights :eek2: ????

50CC's of a sense of humour, STAT!
    boy racer?? Well, firstly - IM A GIRL!!

Sorry, it's just so hard to tell with that Burberry hat on :crying:
    maybe you should all lighten up abit.

Lmao aaargh! WTF do you think my post was about? Do you think it was because I was serious?
    BTW, why dont u post a ppic of ur car Keizo, so i can see what a real car (not a heap of rubbish like my car apparently is) looks like??? :D

Don't have my own car, only insured on the 'rents.

Firstly, you're an idiot. Secondly, well, you're still an idiot. I was joking :eek: You know, taking the piss outta the idiots (you!) that think strapping bits of plastic onto your car somehow improves the cars aerodynamics or that widening your exhaust serves any other purpose than to wake me up at 3 in the fucking morning .

Don't be fucking stupid.

You're always awake at 3 in the morning.

FCS-MyhneerClio.jpg
    LMAO.
    I :heart: boy racers! They give me so much to laugh about and for that I thank them for being here! :thumb:

I would leave your little Clio alone if I were you. It would look so much classier and better!! Yes
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    that's a clio?! :eek2:

Yeh it sure is & I do believe that those a Misubishi Evo rear lights shoe horned onto the rear :eek:

.:Crispy:.
    Honestly, some cars are so done up you'd never know the model that it is! I think a few modifications can look nice, but nothing over the top.
    * I have enough money to make small modifications over time - but not bulk cash to buy a better car

* I know that the car's aerodynamics aren't improved by 'bits of plastic'. i wanted to go for small subtle changes, not put a snow plough on the front of summat

* I was in 1 hell of a pissed off mood this morning, so sorry for takig things so seriously

quits??? :)