Home Health & Wellbeing
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here

candida again......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've taken pills, douched things, used cremes cut otu yeast and sugar, and wheat and every alturnative way there is possible. and nothing works. i've had ultrascans to check if it's something else and it was clear. so what do i do now? i have to go back to the doctor about my moods becuase they ahven't changed much either, but this is ridiculous, 4 years with candida is not fun.

what do i do now?

and if it isn't this then what could it be, (i know i haven't got a STD or anything like that)?

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: candida again......
    Originally posted by luby

    and if it isn't this then what could it be, (i know i haven't got a STD or anything like that)?

    Have you been tested for chlamydia? I only ask because I read a while back about a case where a woman thought she had thrush, which wouldn`t clear up and it eventually turned out she had this.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: candida again......
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Have you been tested for chlamydia? I only ask because I read a while back about a case where a woman thought she had thrush, which wouldn`t clear up and it eventually turned out she had this.

    i can't have because i haven't had sex
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Re: candida again......
    Originally posted by luby
    i can't have because i haven't had sex

    Fair enough. Have you actually had a swab taken to confirm it IS candida?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If it's been going on for 4 years you are better of talking to your GP about this - we have a factsheet on thrush here...but you probably know this already..... Thrush
    Hope you manage to sort it out.
    Love Lu x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Re: Re: candida again......
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Fair enough. Have you actually had a swab taken to confirm it IS candida?

    no but it smells yeasty, i have all the symptoms. though in the last few days its changed to a bluey gray green colour, and smells evey bad, so i don't know whats happening :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Lucy
    If it's been going on for 4 years you are better of talking to your GP about this - we have a factsheet on thrush here...but you probably know this already..... Thrush
    Hope you manage to sort it out.
    Love Lu x

    i read this, and it's never been itchy.....the plot thickens :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    GO TO THE DOCTOR!! Tell them everything.
Sign In or Register to comment.