Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hiccups

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this is just a random thread

i have the hiccups and they are already annoying me

who else hates hiccups lol

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i hate them. they always hurt when i have them too so after every hiccup i moan until somebody threatens to beat me. then i still moan because of the pain and the joy in annoying others.
    Being pregnant and having your baby have the hiccups is really weird. My mum would stare at my tummy having a little pop every 4 seconds and she thought i was going into labor. I'm like" no mum, its called the hiccups" :lol: I felt bad because I couldnt do anything to take them away :(
    cure for the hiccups: down a shot of vinegar!! it really works, try it:D
    Or, just hold your breath. Has never failed for me. I haven't had them in about a year.
    naa i have a better way that is sure to get rid of them.

Have one big gulp of water then several little sips (continously) then the hiccups should be gone

It really does work trust me :D
    i always get hiccups. always.
    Originally posted by clara
    cure for the hiccups: down a shot of vinegar!! it really works, try it:D
    :yuck: I'd rather have the hiccups!
    Originally posted by Capacity
    Or, just hold your breath.

:yes:

works for me.

especially if you push and hold your stomach muscles out at the same time.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I get them very rarely (thankfully), but when I do they're so strong that my whole body might jump and it's actually very embarassing...
    i have a way that cures them everytime, its never failed me.

if someone has hiccups, go up to them and say 'i'll give you £5 if you can hiccup again' and they always stop.....so u look clever and it pisses them off :D
    I heard yesterday that if females stimulated their clit when they had hiccups it would make them stop. I know what I'm going to try next time I have them! :naughty:
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    Being pregnant and having your baby have the hiccups is really weird. My mum would stare at my tummy having a little pop every 4 seconds and she thought i was going into labor. I'm like" no mum, its called the hiccups" :lol: I felt bad because I couldnt do anything to take them away :(

u dont have a baby do you? :confused:
    Originally posted by RepeatToFade
    I heard yesterday that if females stimulated their clit when they had hiccups it would make them stop. I know what I'm going to try next time I have them! :naughty:

hmm sounds interesting, though difficult to do discreetly when in the pub!;)
    My mate had them Sunday night in the taxi on the way home, she was sooooo drunk it was funny cuz she couldnt get rid of em and she was gettin so mad!! :lol: