Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi a can anyone help me. I think I'm having mild panic attacks. Started cutting myself. Exam tomorrow an sooo much still to do its mad an I cant do it!

Comments

• Options
    Do little exam preps like little notes on specific things about the exam, for example write a sentence or a word that will remind you of a whole thing.

For example in my IT exam if i get a question about something comlicated, i read the question over again and plan it in my head or on the paper then go and answer it.
  • Options
    Re: help!
    Originally posted by angel1886
    Started cutting myself.
    Have you done this before or is this your first time?

(apologies if you've mentioned this in the past on here- my memory is a bit crap right now to say the least!)
  • Options
    Right

1: Stop cutting it won't solve anything, yes it may help you feel better but it won't make all your work go away.

2: Take a few deep breathes and have a break from your work maybe have a nice hot bath or something.

3: when you go back to your work put some chillout music on to help you relax whilst working.

Hope everything goes ok :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by ice-babe
    1: Stop cutting it won't solve anything, yes it may help you feel better but it won't make all your work go away.
    You make it sound so easy!
  • Options
    See, i did that, stopped cutting myself i mean. I ended up punching walls instead, which is so much better for you :rolleyes:

Do you think this is a problem that will go away on its own (ie, because of exam stress) or one that is likely to carry on? If it does carry on after the exam period, go and see a doctor.

Have you tried using other coping mechanisms? I found that if i'm in the state of mind that i'm likely to cut in, going for a brisk walk or a run helped a lot, took my mind off it - you can still push yourself physically, but get some exercise at the same time.
  • Options
    Poor you, exams can be a really stressful time, and you're certainly not alone in feeling this.

These articles should be able to help....

Coping with stress

Self harm section

Don't panic!

and remember we're always here for you.

Love Lu x
  • Options
    Thank you for the replys. I just thought I would say that throwing pullows at my sister worked well as stress relief. There is this rescue remeedy stuff it works well. Not the first time ive cut myself but they aint deep or anything. Thanks again!