Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

member's BMI

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Yeah i just shouldnt have done it cause my day has just got worse.
    aww sweets, I know how depressing it is, but
    1. Im not underweight, and youre not obese. Im just me and you are just you.
    2. you only had a baby 3 months ago, its too soon to start worrying about your weight. Its fine to think about trying to shift it, but dont get impatient - youve only just started.
    3. Your metabolism is always a bit messed up just after having a baby.
    I hope you dont feel too down about it. I know how I felt after id had Lenny, It didnt feel like it was even my body but after a while, the hormones go back to normal, your metabolism stabilises again and you get your body back. It does take a while to get back into shape though. Look at your BMI as an incentive rather than something depressing, and lastly, remember you have done the most best thing youll ever do in your life. It does ruin your body to a certain extent. I look at my stretchmarks most days and feel really depressed, how my breasts are never going to be pert again, how ive got these weird stripes on my hips, but I look at Lenny and I think he did that to me, but hes so worth it.
  • Options
    i was just curious to what mine was but it only gives me the option of stones... i think that what the st is, right? so how many pounds are in a stone? i read but i don't think it says anywhere on the page... thanks
  • Options
    14lbs in a stone
  • Options
    hmmm... i'm not knowing about these now though... on the one you showed i was 0.71 from being underweight, on this one i was exatly inbetween being normal and overweight and on this one i was exatly in the middle of the healthy weight... and those were just the first 3 i tried it on :eek2:... maybe i typed it in wrong or something...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    26.04 :D

(Glad someone's got a bigger one than me, was beginning to feel rather stressed out.)

I'm not fat, well, not really, I just have a wee bit of a belly :D Pretty comfortable with being me though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    hmmm... i'm not knowing about these now though... on the one you showed i was 0.71 from being underweight, on this one i was exatly inbetween being normal and overweight and on this one i was exatly in the middle of the healthy weight... and those were just the first 3 i tried it on :eek2:... maybe i typed it in wrong or something...

I'm the 19.2 on both. On the first one it says underweight and on the second one it says bordering on overweight!:rolleyes:
    My weights mostly muscle anyway so i won't pay much attention to those as i'm fighting fit :)
  • Options
    I'm 5"2, 21.80 and ideal, apparently :D I did this for school... my mum got rather offended when it said she was 'plump'.
  • Options

Thats me and im 5ft10/5ft11.
  • Options

Why are people making a big deal when they have BMIs in the 'ideal' bracket?

Mine seems to be one of the highest here and it's still not counted as 'overweight' so stop making a fuss, the lot of you.
  • Options
    I'm 23.6. I was really freaked out yesterday when our local paper published a bmi graph and it came out with me as overweight-i did this and I;m not. Shows that you have to be really careful. I'm not overweight but I do have a pot belly at the moment-but if I'd followed the newspaper I'd be overweight. Not good
  • Options
    my bmi makes me want to shoot myself.
    it's been 20 before and i want that back.
    this bmi doesnt suit me and looks dumb.
    then again it's also been 27-28 before. but still.
    how can a number make me feel so bad and horrible?
  • Options