Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Who Annoys You More?? Mum or Dad?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'd say my Mum ... I swear she's very good at playing dumb..

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my mom. shes a spazy work addicted selfish concieted bitch.
    As much as I still love her, etc - It would have to be my mum only cause sometimes she comes off with the most stupidest things as she's very gullible.

Also with her being death in one ear, if you say something to her she comes off with a completely different thing which makes you forget what you asked her in the first place :p

Awwk, bless her really :)
    mine annoy me in differnt ways.

my mum wont leave me alone sometimes when i just want to be left.
    but my dad gets in a mood SO easily and wont talk to me for days on end
    but then they are both so strict on me

so yes...both
    My Dad would annoy me way more, if I was talking to him.
    They annoy me in different ways. I think it will have to be my Dad though. Hes so argumentative sometimes.
    My dad merely because me and him are so alike. We're both quite opinionated and most the times are opinions conflict (i.e. he's racist and I have so soft spot for black men (not intentionally to piss him off btw!!) ). We're the kind of people who have to accept we'll never agree and we'll always end up arguing so theirs a distance that I don't share as much with me mum :)
    My dad, he's a police man and sometimes he treats me like im a criminal, the way he talks to me and shouts sometimes, annoys me so much! :mad:
    I love them both equally and spend more time with my mum 'cos my dad works shifts so it would have to be my mum (basically because seeing my dad is more 'special' as I see him less)
    probably both the same. but they don't really annoy me that much.

my mum can be irritatingly nosy, and if you tell her something one day, by the next the whole family, immediate neighbourhood and the guy who lives by the bus stop knows about it.

my dad is too much like me, and we sometimes wind each other up.
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    My dad, he's a police man and sometimes he treats me like im a criminal, the way he talks to me and shouts sometimes, annoys me so much! :mad:

OMG, my best friend at school was a policeman's daughter and he was a royal pain in the arse. He always seemed to think we were up to something dodgy and that I was leading her astray. Even when we were 11. :-/
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    Both in equal measure, or not at all. Mostly the latter.
    Of course, before I moved away, it was mostly the former.
    :yes: Parents are far less annoying when you don't have to live with them.
    My Mum; she's far too nosy and interfering for my liking with personal matters, and she uses the "Ooh, I'm only a Mother, at least you have one! I don't!" card when I tell her to back off, or have a go or whatever..since hers died like 6 years ago. Evil mare.
    My mum definately. Just because my dad was the one who brought me up because she was always working and the way shes treated me over the years has been apawling (sp) and also me and my dad get on alot better than me and my mum. Oh and she is so bloody nosey it's unbelieveable.
    When I was growing up I had a cool dad and all my friends thought he was great but I knew his bad bits while most of the other people who knew him didn't get to see those. It was only when he died that I realised how brilliant my mum was - she'd dealt with all sorts of shit I hadn't even been aware of and still brought us up fantastically.

I think I'm one of the lucky few who's been able to accept both the bad and good shit from both of them and not let it become too i mportant. I'm old though so perhaps thats the secret!
    they both annoy me equally but differently. but I couldn't live without them.
    my dad annoys me most. We dont see each other that often, and I havent lived with him since I was 4, but I see a lot of the things I dont like about myself in him. He also goes on a lot about things, like hes trying to teach me history lessons about everything we pass. I wouldnt mind, but he goes on for hours, and sometimes I just want peace and quiet.
    My mum doesnt really piss me off at all. shes just brilliant.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Mum. Most of the reasons are minor, but too many. She can't ever realize when I want to be quiet and when I can be talked to, and as if she does it deliberately, she always speaks to me when I don't want to hear anything. She also asks a lot of things that are none of her business and uses the ridiculous excuse that everything that's my business (or my brother's) is her business as well. She prefers to pretend she doesn't understand why something she's done was wrong instead of saying "sorry", and no matter how many times you tell her to stop doing something that's annoying she always promises she'll stop but never does. She always thinks she knows better and does things her way even when she's promised she'll do it as you told her.
    And so many more things, too many to list. Such a bitch.
    My mum and dad have divorced, they did it when i was like 3.

they are now both re-married so i have to put up with the shit from 4 parents. think yourselves lucky lol
    Both can eat a dick
    Originally posted by 1983
    she uses the "Ooh, I'm only a Mother, at least you have one! I don't!" card when I tell her to back off, or have a go or whatever..since hers died like 6 years ago.

mine does that too. despite the fact that if she was still alive, her mum would be about 90, and completely incapacitated. mentalist.
    My Dad.He can be quite critical and when I was younger he really knocked my confidence by criticising everything about me. Now I know its his problem and that I'll never be good enough so I can stop trying, which I have. My Mum is lovely though.
  • Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    My mum annoys me the most, she likes to get in on the act all too much :p whereas my dad is happy to let me get on with things and will only bother me if he absolutely has to. :)
    i only see my dad about twice a year, and that's normally only for 1-2 days. so i'd have to say my mum. we used to argue like anything, but we're fine now.
    My dad is most annoying mainly because our personalities are so similar we always clash.

My mum is great though we barely argue ant when we do shes always first to apologise!
    I didnt live with my dad as a child, so i got on well with him mainly cos i never really saw him. My mum used to do my head in, but since ive moved out and had a baby, ive came really close to her.

But most girls i know dont get on with their mums:confused:
    my dad. Up until 7 years ago i was daddy's girl and thought the sun shone out of his arse. I now realise he's a selfish, arrogant and thoughtless old man. Basically as far as he's concerned he's right and if people don't bend to his way of life then they're all wanke**. He doesn't see why he should adapt to others but is convinced that they should adapt around him.
    I've had 7 years of him cleverly grinding down my self-confidence. Unfortunately he thinks of himself as highly funny, highly entertaining and the worlds most interesting conversationalist. This means that because i don't have this view of him that i am a miserable bitch with no sense of humour who will never get anywhere in the world. <-- he actually told my netball mates and his cricket mates this when i failed to laugh at his cruel jokes.
    Both really. My dad will shout at me for no reason and get wownd up way to easily. And my mum is just whiney.
    I don't think I'd use the word 'annoying' to describe my dad, just a twisted, selfish, evil man...
    Dear god my dad. The phrase ****ish bastard springs to mind. I can never do anything right for him. My best isn't good enough. I'm not good enough. I'm a failure and a disappointment to him.. etc etc the list is endless. Yet i still love him, and tell him, even when he's making me cry.