Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Love to hate...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know full well that this may sound odd, childish, messed up etc. I also am prepared for the likelyhood I might get burnt for it!
But is this situation familiar to anyone?

I'll be in a room, full of my nearest and dearest, having a drink, chatting, watching a film, you know, the usual. Then i'll look at one of my friends and suddenly I feel an overwhelming disliking for them.
Just for a moment, I look at them and feel so far from them, the way they look, act, talk - everything about them repulses me. It's bloody awful, maybe I'm subconciously such an arrogant twat that I put myself above them or something, I don't know.
It's not specific to one individual, it's happened with pretty much everyone, including my ex gf, (at the time when she wasn't ex!)

It's not happening as much lately, but it has happened far too frequently in the past and it worries me, because these are people who I love and hold in very high regard, so how can my emotions be so temperamental as to actually feel like this?

What's worse is that I'm 20 years old now, I shouldn't be having rediculously childish mood swings should I!

Anyway...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Love to hate...
    Originally posted by static
    Then i'll look at one of my friends and suddenly I feel an overwhelming disliking for them.
    Just for a moment, I look at them and feel so far from them, the way they look, act, talk - everything about them repulses me.

i do that too sometimes. then it passes and i have no idea why i thought it
    yeah i get that but it passes after a while but little things come back to me a couple of times over the next few days. i try and ignore them, after a while i just forget bout them.
    I used to get it now and again and recently with one friend who I usually absoloutly adore but don't see very often. I just stopped communicating with her to try and shake it off, and its working now. I think it's just that we always seem to see the best in most of our friends, and at times we realise their human and we see their flaws and those can be behavioural things that piss us off, shouldn't worry too much though!!!:D
    Re: Love to hate...
    Originally posted by static

I'll be in a room, full of my nearest and dearest, having a drink, chatting, watching a film, you know, the usual. Then i'll look at one of my friends and suddenly I feel an overwhelming disliking for them.
    Just for a moment, I look at them and feel so far from them, the way they look, act, talk - everything about them repulses me. It's

I do this all the time! Il be stood there an i'll just suddenly think, get away from me!