Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Orange?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was in the pub last night with my friend...he, (suitably as a BMW driver lol) was wearing a checked shirt, some cargo trousers...i was in baggy jeans, which I ALWAYS wear and a bright orange nike shirt...it's the only nike thing i own btw, bar my Airforce 1's.

Anyway, after about half a pint he suggested, mockingly, that I go and change my t-shirt. So, my question is, what's wrong with wearing Orange?

It's my favourite colour, I used to have loads of orange stuff, trousers, shirts, jacket...obviously i never wore them together (except once...and it was a joke) but now single again, and at 20, should I be dumbing down my, shall we say, er, garish taste for something a bit more subtle?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your friend could possibly have been jealous as with wearing orange you would stand out more from him -

Not many guys have the courage to wear something so bright and vibrant. Though from a girls point of view keep the orange top, so long as you don't go over board with wearing too much orange.
    at the very least, it sorts out the shallow people from the people worth knowing.

if someone treats you any differently just cause of a colour you like wearing, that makes them a twat. actually, it makes them a Twat. i feel the capital letter is important here.
    Well, Kaffrin's right about friends, but then this is a fashion forum, so on the basis of that...

Orange is cool! Well, as long as it suits you and you think you look good in it, go for it! It shows confidence and originality :)

...But if it's flourescent orange, you may not get girls within a 5m radius of you unless they're wearing sunglasses or shading their eyes...
    I must admit I think I'd be a bit put off if a guy came up to me in a bar and was wearing a bright orange shirt :p
    I agree with Faith, however..bright colours are in this summer. Go to River Island, they have a whole bunch of crazy orange crap going on and it's actually...half decent ;O
    i always notice guys in bright t-shirts. i think they can look really good if they fit well, although i'm not sure about the sports make :p