Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

uniforms.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
we've all done it ...we're all guitly of it at some time.
when i was young i wore the uniform of a hippy. long hair beard and bellbotoms. to be different ...but identical to a few million others arounfd the world.
the one i can't get my head round is farmers. why do they all wear check flat caps ...the same jackets and trousers? and do they ever get changed into anything else?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sweddies/goths/moshers/greebos make me laugh

they all dress weird to be different and then they all end up looking the same :lol:

(shouldn't really call them as I myself still am into all that on occasions)
    erm.. baggy jeans, strappy top and a hoody most of the time. but i wear that because it's comfortable and if i felt comfortable in a skirt or something then im sure id wear that instead..
    is it still classed as a uniform if you wear it because you like it rather than because everyone else wears it?

people wearing sports full tracksuit things in bright colours make me laugh.. just because, in my opinion, it looks shit
    Originally posted by solid_L
    sweddies/goths/moshers/greebos make me laugh

they all dress weird to be different and then they all end up looking the same :lol:

(shouldn't really call them as I myself still am into all that on occasions)
    Why do people always assumed that 'moshers, greebo's' and the like dress to be 'different'?! Is that written in a contract that they sign in the 'goffick' initiation ceremony!? Jesus. Some dress like that simply because they like it, others dress to be part of a social group. It's not because they all want to be 'different'.

Ilora x
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    Why do people always assumed that 'moshers, greebo's' and the like dress to be 'different'?! Is that written in a contract that they sign in the 'goffick' initiation ceremony!? Jesus. Some dress like that simply because they like it, others dress to be part of a social group. It's not because they all want to be 'different'.
    Erm, what she said!
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    and do they ever get changed into anything else?

Nope, there's a farmer dude who comes into my work, and that's all he ever wears.

Be alright if it was a place that sold tractors or somethin', but it's a fucking bingo hall :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Nope, there's a farmer dude who comes into my work, and that's all he ever wears.

Be alright if it was a place that sold tractors or somethin', but it's a fucking bingo hall :rolleyes:
    Perhaps he is just really, really proud of being a farmer! Who knows eh? :confused:

i believe you ...in the pubs round here there are the odd ones who change into their best ...check cloth caps same jacket and trousers.

:lol:
    Lol, I'm not calling 'em: im a sk8r myself:lol:

Na its just funny sometimes that some of them do it to be different - surely I'm right in saying SOME do (probs even alot of them do)
    Originally posted by solid_L
    :

Na its just funny sometimes that some of them do it to be different - surely I'm right in saying SOME do (probs even alot of them do)
    i think we all have a tribal/clan thing in our make up.
    people seem to assume just because i used to be a heavy duty goth thats all i ever have dressed like and ever will. to be honest i'm real hippy at heart, i love big trousers and tie dye floaty skirts and stuff, but yes i do love wearing black leather and black lacey things, as much as i love totally punky stuff.. at the moment i look like a total surfer bum (i havn't surfed for ages, i had a accedent -skating- which fucked up my ankels for a long time, and the med isn't tidal and is quite flat at times). i've got my 2€ dungeries on and my haiwan shirt , with my purple converse boots.
    i wear a uniform type thingy for work. its a really ugly blue polo top and tan colored pants. and besides that i simply wear whats comfortable. fashion means nothing to me and if i look like a homeless scrub, thats ok.
    ick my mum hates what i wear i think, so i also have a collection of tops from fashion type shops that she's got me and i wear if nothing else is clean, or it's cold or something.
    i did wear a school uniform..black trousers, short sleeved blouse and marroon sweater.. but i never have to wear it again. :D
    yeah must admit i've been guilty of dressing to try and either be different or to fit in with another group.

Now i just tend to wear baggy jeans and hoodys, although it annoys me when people assume that cause thats what i'm wearing then i must be a skater/goth/mosher/greeb or whatever

I wear them cause i'm comfy in that, it doesn't mean that i label myself with a certain title
    Originally posted by Stinger
    yeah must admit i've been guilty of dressing to try and either be different or to fit in with another group.

Now i just tend to wear baggy jeans and hoodys, although it annoys me when people assume that cause thats what i'm wearing then i must be a skater/goth/mosher/greeb or whatever

I wear them cause i'm comfy in that, it doesn't mean that i label myself with a certain title
    But you've kinda admitted that even you are likley to assume someone wearing that particular outfit is a skater/mosher/goth so you can't expect other people to not think the same about you.
    All I seem to wear nowadays are my denims (different pairs :p) and t-shirts.

I have to wear a school uniform though...

Sky blue shirt (white when I'm in 5th year)

Stupid tie: dark blue/white and yellow striped, changing to dark blue with school badge in 5th year

School trousers

Poloneck navy blue sweater with school badge on it

:yuck:
    My uniform is definitely the worst . Bright orange tie with light blue letters on it, white shirt with orange epilets, black trousers and shoes and a reversable fleece with orange on one side and navy blue on the other. Stylish.

But you've kinda admitted that even you are likley to assume someone wearing that particular outfit is a skater/mosher/goth so you can't expect other people to not think the same about you.

Actually all i said was i have dressed to fit into a group/to be different i never said i assumed that they were X, Y or Z just cause thats how they dressed, subtle difference

it's just if everyone for example was wearing T Shirts, Shorts and a baseball cap then i would have dressed just to fit in, regardless of other issues.