Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

geting back with him

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
after much huffing and ranting and raving, i've desided to talk to my ex and see if we can get back together. i'm a little worried though, as we have both mucked about (not gone much further than kissing/touching ect) with other people. we were each others 2nd serious relationship. we have been spilt up for around 4/5 months now, is that too long?

neither of us seems to have moved on much at all, neither of us have been able to keep a relationship going more than a few days since, and i really want him back.

i dumped him, as we started going out just after my second suicide attempt and i was still very very much mucked up, and he had to "save me" the first night we met.

i've really missed him, and i was actually quite spiteful towards him at first after we broke up, but since have become friends again.

i see him on thursday afternoon, what the hell do i say to him?

any help at all with this would be good

thanks

Luby

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi,
    I think you should give it a go or you will live to regret the what could have happened.There is really only one to find out and since your feelings seem strong then it would definitely be worth giving a go.You just need to consider the downfalls of the last time together and change things to make it work otherwise you are guaranteed it will go wrong again.Relationships always need trial and error.Nothing goes smoothly.For a good relationship you need to always talk and be willing to change for the better.
    Re: geting back with him
    Originally posted by luby
    we have been spilt up for around 4/5 months now, is that too long?

It's not as if there is a "Set Time" about how long you need to be apart before considering getting back together. If both of you think you're ready for another go, I don't see whats the problem.

CHEEKy basically said everything :yes: :thumb:
    I'd say don't get back with an ex. I've very rarely seen it work. I suppose that means there is a chance it may work out. But on the whole ex's are to be avoided in my opinion.
    I think he must be your ex for a reason. Maybe your not getting over each other because you both don't want to move on? It's scary to imagine being alone/with someone new etc, and so that can stop you both moving forward. It's so tempting to get back with an ex but you have to remember why he was your ex in the first place! I wanted to get back with my ex for a while, bu I've met someone new now and I really like him and it's great. It's kinda scary but really good at the same time! Good luck x
    Originally posted by aleox
    I think he must be your ex for a reason. Maybe your not getting over each other because you both don't want to move on? It's scary to imagine being alone/with someone new etc, and so that can stop you both moving forward. It's so tempting to get back with an ex but you have to remember why he was your ex in the first place! I wanted to get back with my ex for a while, bu I've met someone new now and I really like him and it's great. It's kinda scary but really good at the same time! Good luck x

the reason he was my ex is because i was mentally fucked up and needed to get better before i could have a relationship. i also had a crush on someone else, who resently has shown his true colours,and i now can't stand the site of.

my best mate (who is also he's best mate-why does this situation happen so much in my group??) said that i should jsut be very direct and tell him exactly what went on and how i feel, because thats the kinda person he is. but i'm still scared as what to do??

arghghghghghghgghghghgh:confused: