Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Favourite toilet!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Afternoon all,

Bit of a random one- but do you have a favourite toilet at work/college/uni?

Do you walk in a head to the same cubical as normal? or you not that fussed?

Personally, I noticed that I naturally head to the same one at work if it is free - dunno why - just do!

Does anyoen else do this - or am I just weird?

FO

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's not something I've really thought about much, but I suppose I do! It's not always the biggest one or the nearest one or anything, but for some reason I always seem to use the same one at our uni lecture site. Also, we have 2 showers on our corridor in halls, and I always always use the same one. But they're both identical really.

Strange...!
    I read somewhere that the safest toilet is the first one because for some odd reason, not many people go in the first one. So it has less germs.. :chin:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Toilet, no. But I do tend to always use the same sink, except when someone else is using it.
    I was in London yesterday and there were several open air Urinals, smelt so bad no idea what would make a council install them.

http://etischer.com/europe2/26_09_urinal_open_air.jpg
    When in the guild I always go to the ones downstairs, as nobody ever goes down there, yet the ones upstairs are always crowded! Oh well better not say that too loudly...

And the grafitti is hilarious "We all live in a terrorist regime..." springs to mind immediately (taken off the Beatles song).
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I was in London yesterday and there were several open air Urinals, smelt so bad no idea what would make a council install them.
    We had a load of them installed at last NYE's dance festival Resolution, they kinda sat in the middle of the field between the tents and most people looked nervous at them prior to using them as there were so many people around! Then we saw one girl who decided she wasn't going to wait for the cubicals any longer and she kinda reversed and squated over it.. quite amusing to anyone who happened to be in that area! :lol:
    lol yeah whenever i'm out i have to goto the same toilet, dunno why?

unless i'm in wetherspoons and then all the toilets are nice so i don't mind which one i use
    I never use the school toilets. The only time was when I had the shits. I (heart: my own, safe, clean, fresh bathroom :yes:
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    I never use the school toilets. The only time was when I had the shits

Ah, such a delightful mental image.

There's only two pishers at work, and they both do the same job, so I care not.

Although the smell in the toilets is divine, air-freshener wise :thumb:
    I don't use public restrooms. I've tried but my bladder will not release itself unless I'm in the privacy of my own home. I've held it for over 20 hours on a few occasions for this reason actually :/ So I guess my favorite toilet is one of them at my house.
    Originally posted by rachie004
    I agree with the one in my own home sentiment!

when it comes to public toilets who sits on the seat? :p

well i can piss standing up personally
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    well i can piss standing up personally

girls get to sit and relax when we pee ;)
    Originally posted by my_name

yeah well, the world is my urinal :p
    Originally posted by rachie004
    ....and get it all in the toilet though.. i.e. not all over the seat/carpet/walls/next doors cat etc :p

Jealous tbh ;)

So do we. We just choose not to because it is clearly so much better to piss standing up :p
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Agreed with Doofay. At least we have a choice. Do you?
    I would piss or shit anywhere, within reason. Not in the middle of a shop or something like that.
    at work, in the staff toilets, there's a row of cubicles and i never use the first one purely because of the amount of people i've seen throwing up in there. for some reason, i always use the 2nd one along.
    I never ever use the disabled one at work because it locks on the outside instead of swinging inside-if ya get me, so there is a gap. Our loos are crap (ooh pun!)as the one has a temperamental flush and the other two-the loo roll holder is loose and always hits you on ya head-painful to a glasses wearer especially!

I only do pee's in public-I hate doing number twos and if I'm at uni I always go up or down a floor so no one in my room will know its me making the stench!

Our public loos at work are the worst loo's ever-you wouldn't belive that ppl could be so disgusting as to what mess they leave. Its just sickening and I really do not know how the poor cleaner copes.
    If I need a dump I go to the toilets in town because they have a good ventelation system and always have paper. Otherwise I just go where-ever... I'm not one of those people who gets all pissy about sitting on a toilet seat, I'll piss anywhere.
    Anything made by Armitage Shanks. The quality comes with the name.
    Originally posted by Wilko
    Anything made by Armitage Shanks. The quality comes with the name.

:lol:

Im a Trafford man personally
    :p
    At a pub called 'The Mitre' in bayswater...my friend works there...theyre really old school toilets...and they have green bricks on the walls that are indented..well, you really have to see them...but it is very nice.

Makes sense of it being called a throne! :D