Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Parents

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    <is guilty of not reading your post properly>:( :(:(:(

Im sooo sorry i cant believe i skipped over that bit about them reading your diaries :o

That is inexcusable.

All other legal and political wranglings aside, i think this may just be a case of jittery parents who dont really know too much about the issue they are overreacting to.
    they're overreacting and making my gcses even more stressful than they should be

now thats just not funny.

As for private drug treatment, this isnt America, they are not going to take this seriously. They may very well inform you of the medical implications of smoking cannabis (which it is entirely right that they do) but they are not going to see this as a profound medical problem, affecting the rest of your life.

The only times i ever got accused of being stoned was when i was straight.

It seems the legacy of 'Just say no' is still having a (negative impact today!):D
    I think youre the one overreacting. What did u expect your parents to say, and what the hell did you write it down in a bloody diary for if you didnt want to get found out???
    If you want to get your parents off your case, stop writing about it in your diary, stop buying the stuff. by all means have the odd smoke here and there with friends like any normal 15 year old, but while your living with your mum and dad, dont buy it or have it in the house and DONT WRITE ABOUT IT. Its not like someones putting a pen in your hand and making you write the details down.
    Just think `shit, ive been caught, theyre not taking it well, id better cut it out for a while`. get them off your case and then you can smoke your little lungs out once youve left home.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I think youre the one overreacting. What did u expect your parents to say, and what the hell did you write it down in a bloody diary for if you didnt want to get found out???
    Are you crazy? What diaries are written for- to show parents, teachers, authorities, Intelligence Service maybe what a nice girl/boy you are???

I say it again, and Lady Jade is wrong, it is not about politics, it’s about MONEY. I have some experience and I know that there is no better way to shut your parents up than to show them a thick pack of dollars earned by yourself! Don’t like me and what I do? Well, I can go and live my own life! What are you babbling against? Hard work, overcrowded hostels, unhealthy hamburgers, second( fifth)-hand crappy Volkswagen… so what? I can survive without your care and if you want me to be your lovely daughter please respect my property rights!!! Including my diaries, my drugs, my boy(or girl!)friends so on. We will be the best friends, honestly, isn’t this you always dreamed about?
    I've not read any of the other replies 'cos I wanted to add my thoughts.

My 17 year old brother currently doesn't have a door on his bedroom because he was smoking weed in there. My parents told him over and over what would happen but he still continued to do it. It is their house and they set the rules. If you cannot follow the rules your parents set then go and live somewhere else. If it was your house and they were engaging in an activity you disapproved of you would have every right to ask them to stop.

My brother also thinks what he is doing is harmless, but last year he got so stoned that whilst walking home from a friend's house he was mugged and beaten up (he was only 15 when that happened) and left for dead in some thick bushes. It was only because my parents were worried enough to look for him that he was found in time and rushed to hospital.

He's stained all of the carpets in our house being sick after he's smoked weed and my parents have spent 100s of £ on industrial carpet cleaners to get rid of the smell of vomit from the carpets.

He has sold most of his clothes to pay for his little habit - my parents won't give him money for anything now, not even dinner money. He has to take a packed lunch which we later found out he was selling for money to buy the weed. He sold all of his xmas presents to buy weed.

Now I know your situation may be very, very different. But can you imagine how my parents (and myself) feel about his behaviour? He tells lies, he steals from me and my parents and at the moment I wouldn't admit to anyone I even know him, never mind say he's my brother.
    I think you are lucky to have parents that are obviously so concerned about your welfare and want a good future for you. You and I and most people on here know that most people who smoke the occasional spliff don't wreck their lives, they manage to study, work, do everything everyone else does.

But there is a minority of wasters who get into smoking cannabis heavily..I don't blame your parents for being concerned.

Would you rather have parents who sit and have a spliff with you and don't give a shit what you're up to?

At the same time, it does sound like they are over-reacting somewhat, you should educate them. And don't do it in their house, that shows no respect and stinks it out as well as being illegal for them.

And finally, life won't suddenly become excellent when you turn 16. Take off your rose tinted specs.
    Originally posted by LabRat
    Are you crazy? What diaries are written for- to show parents, teachers, authorities, Intelligence Service maybe what a nice girl/boy you are???

what I mean is, although I think people shouldnt snoop in other peoples diaries, If its something you really dont want to get found out for, you wouldnt write it down. Theres always a chance someone will find it and read it. If you feel there is a real need to write it down for yourself, then write a codeword for it maybe but better still, dont write down your secrets at all.
    wow..lots of replies..
    well, i dont smoke it often or use their money and if i dont smoke it then i snap at them. i realise they have the right to be concerned but concern is not necessarily the same as interference.. They've never noticed any change in me after weed except I am happier and sleeier..
    It was only mentioned briefly in my diary and only because my memory is so bad about every day things that I like to keep a record and I have an ED so am recording my moods, drugs, alcohol, ed things etc to see if they have any affect on each other.
    Life will be better when I'm 16 PussyKatty.. I will be able to get a job which will give me something to fill my life with, I will then have money, I will be able to save the money and will therefore have the knowledge that I could move out and support myself if it got so bad at home that I couldnt survive there anymore.
    I would say that if my parents were so *concerned* then maybe they should have shown me more love/attention when I was growing up and maybe then Id be different to how i am now.
    i think it was inexcuable to read my journals and stuff because they were personal records not open invitations, and they had no right. dont tell me they do, because they had no reason to suspect anything, they just read it. they have gone through my stuff before and that was for no reason too.
    i think i failed the gcse i did on monday (eng lit) and when im older and have to present my qualifications to employers theyre not going to be interested in my family disputes, theyre only going to see the anomalous grade and think i cant take real life because of failing because of a "little" argument.
    Originally posted by LabRat

I say it again, and Lady Jade is wrong, it is not about politics, it’s about MONEY. I have some experience and I know that there is no better way to shut your parents up than to show them a thick pack of dollars earned by yourself! Don’t like me and what I do? Well, I can go and live my own life! What are you babbling against? Hard work, overcrowded hostels, unhealthy hamburgers, second( fifth)-hand crappy Volkswagen… so what? I can survive without your care and if you want me to be your lovely daughter please respect my property rights!!! Including my diaries, my drugs, my boy(or girl!)friends so on. We will be the best friends, honestly, isn’t this you always dreamed about?
    if you were my kid i'd give you a slap and show yout he door.
    see how you get on then with your fucking big attitude.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    if you were my kid i'd give you a slap and show yout he door.
    see how you get on then with your fucking big attitude.
    a big wad of dollars?

Thatcher and reagan would have LOVED you :no:
    Originally posted by Shogun
    i didn't quite get that mate ....
    I agree with what you say, that's it.
    Labrat; I get the impression that you are just fitting your family to the question and then just ranting randomly, I'm not sure what you are adding.

Bubblebee; Are you sure he is only using cannabis? That seems like a very serious reaction. Personally I've never heard of just a cannabis users going to such extremes.

Burningwings; Your best option now is to put this to one side. Yes it seems shit what they have done, but it is far from the most important thing at the moment.

Get down and concentrate on your exams, you into exam period so even if you work you arse off it wont have to be for long. Cut the puff completely for a while and get some for after your last exam.

Then maybe get a paper route, they are relatively easy money. I had one and it funded my puff habit easily.

Good luck mate, remember GCSE's are pretty important, just focus on getting through them, you can deal with your folks after.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Bubblebee; Are you sure he is only using cannabis? That seems like a very serious reaction. Personally I've never heard of just a cannabis users going to such extremes.
    Yes, I'm sure. Just because you've 'never heard of it' doesn't mean it isn't happening.
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    a big wad of dollars?

Thatcher and reagan would have LOVED you :no:
    Do you have fun misinterpreting my words?
    No, Reagan wouldn’t love me, if I was such a great figure to make him take me seriously he’d try to rid of me at any cost.
    My main idea is: you are equal to ones only who you are independent from.
    To Morrocan roll: well, you can do this but what would you achieve? To lose your son? Just for fun to be “right”?
    To Bongbudda: no, it is a wrong impression.
    To Burningwings: there are no rights that are given; there are rights that are taken. I don’t want to say you should wash dishes in some Chinese restaurant at nights to prove you independence ( why not though?), I just say you should have some solid ground -five square inches at least- to start your War For Independence.
    Yes in some sense life may be better when you are 16. But at the moment there is not even a minimum wage for 16 year olds. In October it will be £3 an hour minimum. There are not a great deal of jobs available for 16 year olds. Moving out may seem like the solution to all your problems but trust me, it's not. I moved out of home when I was 17 and it is hard. Paying your rent, looking after yourself, how are you going to pay for your habit when you have to pay bills?

Anyway I hope it works out for you. I don't smoke weed anymore and I'm happier for it.