Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

this world...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
did anyone see the last this world show, where they looked at soldiers in wars.

this program serioudly opened my eyes. we are so damn privilaged to have what we do. yeah, i've had some real shitty stuff happen to me, as i know others have too, but this program opened my eyes to what is really happening. people who believe in something and fight for it, they fight to the death.

and the little somilan boy who died 4 days after they filmed, he was so beautiful, and he died just like that...........that could have been me. and the ugandan children having to sleep rough in the towns so that they didn't get kidnaped......it seriously touched my heart and soul. i know what it's like to be homeless, but not sleeping on the streets, thankfully i never had to, but in a situation like that were a cult is after you, scary as hell.

what did you think?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: this world...
    Originally posted by luby

and the little somilan boy who died 4 days after they filmed, he was so beautiful, and he died just like that

i read something about that. wasn't he a 14 yr old mercenary? :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I didnt actually see it but I knew of the conflicts which they were highlighting.

The civil war in the DRC has been going on for ages and has claimed 1000's.

The conflict in Nepal is deeply depressing because up untill relatively recently it was mostly peaceful.

Its the same old places which have been at war for years now, Sudan, Somalia, Columbia...etc.

The civil war in columbia is deeply saddening too, in that again they were somewhat peaceful untill the government (at the advisement of the US) moved into the FARC area.

They all need our help and insted we fuck up another country for no good reason at all. Nice.