Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Heroin Overdose

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Two guests died of (what is supected to be) a heroin over-dose at my place of work yesterday.

The amount of people i heard, first words passing their lips were 'no sympathy':(

Some forget these people were human beings, it makes me quite sad that people cannot look pasta stigmatised practice to see that the purpotrator is a person, someone's son.

Somebody is going to be very sad for those people.

You can read the full story here

Two Die in hotel

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Stories like this are never good, all the addicts in the area will now do their up most to try and find this 'super potent' batch.

Grim news though, I'm sorry you had to deal with that.
    dont be sorry for me man, i just walked in and heard the news (cheers 4 the concern tho :thumb: ).
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I had a works party there once. :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
    when and who for?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    when and who for?

A few years ago now I think. When I worked at Paultons Park. It was a Hoot :lol:
    Weekender Offender 
    Not with our prices it wasnt:p
    The police officer pointed out that "such drugs are illegal" just incase any readers of the article weren't quite sure if heroin had been legalised yet. How bizzare.

Were the staff who found them really upset? I know I would be.
    Why was they staying in a hotel in the first place?!
    Why not, its a nice easy place to shoot up isnt it. Not all heroin users are poor you know.
    OH YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!

Cant remember the exact details but an influential adviser to john Major's election campaign in the 1990's was caught shooting up in the toilet of their jet.

This man had been a top political adviser for years and his habit had been with him most of that time.
    It is all a little odd though, two 30 year old blokes in the same hotel room shooting up. If it was one then it would be much less odd. Maybe they were a couple.
    i dont see how that was odd, maybe one just flopped on the bed while the other shot up and the later party didnt realise what had happened to the first one until too late.

Can you imagine the last thoughts of the second bloke to shoot up? It would be like looking at the image of your own death.
    I dont really mean that it was odd they OD'd I just mean that it was odd having two 30 year old blokes in the same hotel room, its a somewhat unlikely couple, although not that unlikely if they were a couple.

I'm presuming one shot up and didnt show any signs of problems so the second one did. Then the strength of the stuff really started to hit home, by which point both of them are far too gone to even notice. You get the death rattle type breathing and then, nothing.
    horrible image :(

well with our prices i dont think its that unlikely they would have been in the same room :D

all rooms also contain a sofa bed, so this would have made two hetrosexuals sleeping in the same room more probable.

If i was staying with a mate in one i would consider doing the same thing, it'd save a packet!

(Laurel and Hardy used to sleep in the same bed in sketches, no one ever suggested they were gay, just that many poor working Americans couldnt afford their own bed!)
    I obviously dont know they were gay, I just mean its possible, its not really got anything to do with it though.

A mate of mine had someone do that death rattle breathing from heroin in his house a little while ago. By some miricle the bloke survived, a seriously close call though.

In fact I was supposed to be breathing like that too when I OD'd on GBL, but then I wasnt really in a fit state to be evaluating my breathing.