Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Being Pushed Together

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you recon the chances are of two people who aren't inloved or in a relationship falling inlove and living happily ever after are if circumstances bring them together, for example two people being stranded on a derset island or via an arranged marriage?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, a lot of people meet through work, etc. But forced together. Hmmm. :chin: I think you've been watching too many romantic movies, or reading too many romantic novels. So, I'd say it rarely works, if ever. :no:
    I don't know, I think there are a lot of arranged marriages which work...
    Originally posted by Kate1
    I don't know, I think there are a lot of arranged marriages which work...
    was just thinking the same thing. People can grow to love each other.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    was just thinking the same thing. People can grow to love each other.

yeah, i think its possible. especially if 2 people are in an arranged marriage, as they are likely to make a go of it - same religions, etc??
    I think if two people share a traumatic experience together (car crash, explosion etc.), then sometimes I think they would be drawn together.

But then a lot of the time it never works out because the relationship would have been built on that traumatic experience, rather than any meaningful attraction.

Not all the time, but sometimes.
    If you think about it your natural born kids are pushed upon you - you don't get to pick your child - but most people love and adore their kids.

I'd say the same is true of potential partners.