Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

smoking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this is quite a strang post, but ive always bin interested in the mechanics of smoking, i have no idea why but what exactly do people do when the smoke? sorry its a bit strange

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well how basic did you want to go?

You light it, obviously and then inhale about half a lung full, you then take it out of your mouth and inhale normal air. The hold that in for a while and breathe out.

You breathe in the second half of the lung full to force your body to absorb the smoke, if you just breathe the smoke in then out the body rejects it and the active compounds are not absorbed.

The longer you hold the smoke in the more the body is forced to absorb the smokey air because it needs the oxygen contained in it.

But, a lot of the damage is purely done by the tar and such in the smoke, so even if you did just smoke in and out that would still cause nasty damage.

I hope that answers the question.
    thanks, thats a pritty detailed explanation.
    Not a problem. I could give you a run down on how the compounds are absorbed as well if you fancy.