Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

in this day and age......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
........there are still many guys who think that the withdrawal method works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me and a mate were talking and he said that so many of his mates have said that they use that method, and guys i have got involved with thought it worked too, luckily i know better and told them to do it them self! why? is sex education now non exsistant??????

also this is quite personal but i need to talk about it. last week i did something very stupid, and ended up mucking about with this guy. now he kinda presurised me into doing stuff which i really didn't want to do, though i did put my foot down when it came to sex. i'm proud of myself that i did, but i'm also ashamed that i let myself get used like that. it made me feel so dirty afterwards. and i'll gonna see this guy (not by choice) this weekend, what do i do?

thanks

Luby

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: in this day and age......
    Originally posted by luby
    ........there are still many guys who think that the withdrawal method works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me and a mate were talking and he said that so many of his mates have said that they use that method, and guys i have got involved with thought it worked too, luckily i know better and told them to do it them self! why? is sex education now non exsistant??????

also this is quite personal but i need to talk about it. last week i did something very stupid, and ended up mucking about with this guy. now he kinda presurised me into doing stuff which i really didn't want to do, though i did put my foot down when it came to sex. i'm proud of myself that i did, but i'm also ashamed that i let myself get used like that. it made me feel so dirty afterwards. and i'll gonna see this guy (not by choice) this weekend, what do i do?

thanks

Luby

Avoid him. Because i take it if its not by choice you will be with friends. So also stay with you're friends so he wont have a chance to do anything.
    Re: in this day and age......
    Originally posted by luby
    ....and i'll gonna see this guy (not by choice) this weekend, what do i do?

thanks

Luby
    In what context are you going to see him? At work or with people? Or on your own? If it's on your own, I dont understand why it's not by choice; you should have the guts to refuse to see him. He's obviously a willy. If it's with other people or at work, just be cold but civil to him, and dont pay him too much attention - doesn't sound like you want to have much to do with him, really.
    I really can't believe that there are people who still think that works. Though its true that you don't get pregnant if you have sex standing up isn't it? As long as it is a Tuesday I mean, obviously.
    Originally posted by Blah_ha
    [B. Though its true that you don't get pregnant if you have sex standing up isn't it? As long as it is a Tuesday I mean, obviously. [/B]

Goodness me, young people today are so misinformed. Its Thursday:D
    Originally posted by ~*Angel69*~
    Goodness me, young people today are so misinformed. Its Thursday:D

Damn :nervous:
    I have some supposedly well educated friends (or at least they got into uni if that counts) and they have been using the withdrawel "method" for three years. I can't believe how stupid people can be.
    What it is...

what I remember of sex education was talking about the act 'the penis goes in the vagina' and then all the stuff about a womans insides, labelling diagrams of a penis and a womans womby area. We were then shown incredibly gorey videos of a tube with a camera in it being shoved up a woman and exploring what it all actually looks like in there and um...well then there were periods and pregnancy...that was it. There was no ellaboration on the act itself, never told how not to have sex if ya get what I mean. When I actually first had sex, me and my bloke has no idea what the hell was going on with each others bodies, hell I didn't even know about what a clit was, lubrication, breaking the hymen etc...I learnt all that on this site!! Everything I wanted to know that mattered more to me then being able to label his bits and pieces, I had to ask him. Thank god we could communicate as much as we did because sometimes, he'd come over and I'd be like, 'Hey I was on thesite.org and read this!!'. The school sex education system sucks!!! It sucks alot!! So um...yeah!! :D
    the only education that's really important is: CONDOMS. USE THEM.
  • ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Luby,
    *hugs*, I know you must feel really horrible about what happened, but it's important to remember that you're not dirty and what happened was not your fault.

NO man EVER has the right to force himself upon a woman. If a woman says no to sex, or any other sexual act then this means no. If a woman changes her mind at any time and doesn't want to continue, a man does NOT have the right to continue against her consent. It is sometimes difficult to understand that what has happened is not your fault.

It is really important for you to talk about what has happened with someone you can trust. It might be a really good idea to go to your doctor and see if they can put you in contact with someone who can talk through this sort of stuff with you.

Also, if there's anyway you can avoid seeing him at the weekend then do it.

*more hugs*
    CB
    Now i'm not picking on all men, just ones that use crap lines when i say the following :)

The siters should write a handy leaflet i think for the youth of today entitled "what men say when they want to get their end away". I'm pretty sure there would be some very amusing excuses for not using protection. To give any of my ex's their due they never attempted to use rubbish lines on me. The only person who's ever done it was the person i'm actually happily with now. His first attempt was the withdrawal excuse. One firm battering, a grovelling apology of what a selfish bastard he is and a sex education lesson later we're on respectful terms now :D I don't think he'll be trying that one again.

Luby, the bloke sounds like a complete prick who needs shooting in the gonads. Definately not your fault! Avoid him at all costs or at least make sure you have a really good friend who knows the situation with you, safety in numbers and all that.
    yes stupid boys for using the withdrawal method.. but equally stupid girls for letting them.
    Originally posted by lipsy
    yes stupid boys for using the withdrawal method.. but equally stupid girls for letting them.

yeah, thank god i didn't
    Originally posted by lipsy

so true.
    probably more supid cause well they have the final say in it, they dont have to have sex with the guy to get pregnent unless they been raped in which case it all the guys fault
    just a few things:

1)no man who forces or pressurises any girl into anything she doesnt want to do has no right to be called a man

2)good on you for putting your foot down on the sex issue

3)if you see him, and your with friends, get your biggest hardest mates to kick him in the balls until he chokes on them, or at least have them hold him while you do it

*hug*

Peace
    on the sex education side - i went to a catholic school, and our sex education was limited. REALLY limited. basically we were taught that sex comes as a part of marriage, and that sex outside of marriage was a sin. and that contraception was a sin. oh, and that having periods was ok :thumb:

then in science we learned about the reproductive systems, and about sperm meeting egg, but not about the actual logistics of sex.

i really hope that things have improved since then though.