Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Newbie...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,
I was talking to a mate this evening in the pub who I haven't really spoken much with. We started talking about cigarettes (as I have recently started smoking...not a lot, usually only a couple a month, lol)...and eventually the conversation drifted onto draw and buckets. He offered to let me smoke some the next time we were out. Now he's not heavy into drugs and I would trust my life with him but I'm just slightly unsure about what to take. I feel like I'm ready to try drugs, I don't feel like it's peer pressure as a teen (I'm 21 now), it's just something I want to try, just to say I've done it. I was totally fine with it til he mentioned dealers...and for some reason that totally freaked me out. I guess because I'm not all used to this. But I'd really appreciate any advice about what is safeish to take for someone new to this sort of thing and how much to take.

Comments

• Options
    The word 'dealer' does conjure up images of some back-alley dodgy bloke but if this mates as sound as you think he is, you'll have nothing to worry about. Generally people with any common sense only buy off of people they trust and know arn't going to do a runner or whatnot. If he's got a reliable dealer who he goes to all the time, it'll be fine.

Generally you only get the dodgy sort of bloke if it's young kids (14-15) picking up because everyone knows they're easy money, or if you're dealing in stuff like crack and heroin. Obviously there's the odd exception but it sounds like he's got it sorted.

Just ask yourself if the reasons for you wanting to try drugs are the right reasons.

And most importantly whatever happens, stay safe and have fun! :D
  • Options
    Re: Newbie...
    Originally posted by Songbird
    . I feel like I'm ready to try drugs, I don't feel like it's peer pressure as a teen (I'm 21 now), it's just something I want to try, just to say I've done it. I Thanks :)
    i'm not saying your reasons for trying anything are wrong reasons ...i don't even know why i did ...oh so many things but ..if you do ...stick with a cannabis cookie or a spliff ...it gives you an amazing insight intonthe molecular study of self. or it does nothing.
    you might ytake cannabis for weekds dikyly and othuing. then blam ...your moving ...your mind is doing things and working or not ...in ways it yhadn't done before but ...if you are emotionaly or mentaly fucked up ...AVOIGD RECREATIONA;L DRUGDS ...seriously.
    ther for rrecrraytion and exploration ...they are bnot aq bandage or aa cure or aaaqan escAPE.
    drugs are bnot to be treated as some cure all. recreational drugs aere not to be used lightklty in a manner of hope regardig some relief from the pain or fear in your life.
    if you have uncerntienies about yourself /...if you aint feeling good about the way your lifes going ...the LAST thing you need in life is recreational drugsw ....honestly. they will fucking fighten our mind and your soulo.
    i n ndonlt think you realy wantnto do this ...
  • Options
    Thanks both for your replies :)
    I do appreciate your concern morrocan roll but in all honesty I don't feel fucked in the head nor depressed. I don't want to use them for escapism. I think it's more curiosity than anything. I never got drunk as a teen, never smoked. I guess I just don't wanna be one of these goody goody types who never dared to do anything outragious, never took risks etc maybe those are the wrong reasons to do this. *shrugs* I don't know. I think it's because the only time me and my mate seem to connect is when it's about drink and from tonight, fags and drugs.
  • Options
    I do appreciate your concern morrocan roll but in all honesty I don't feel fucked in the head nor depressed. I don't want to use them for escapism. I think it's more curiosity than anything. I never got drunk as a teen, never smoked. I guess I just don't wanna be one of these goody goody types who never dared to do anything outragious, never took risks etc maybe those are the wrong reasons to do this. *shrugs* I don't know. I think it's because the only time me and my mate seem to connect is when it's about drink and from tonight, fags and drugs.
    you sound ...sound.
    don't forget ...the poorest and the richest ...the dumbest and the brightest ...fuck uop ion drugs.
    you sound balancedc ...goog cannabis can be a bit likee ...depends on your soiu;l.
    i,m out ofd ot and here
  • Options
    Marijuana is awesome. Personally I think it's the first drug you should try, being that it is very safe compared to most other drugs the rest of the world take. A very soothing and insightful drug, as morrocan said, and a fairly good deal for a 1/4 gram. There's no hangover in the morning or headaches. It's a very clean plant and it helps you get to sleep.
  • Options
    fairly good deal for a 1/4 gram

Ya wha? Thats like a very small amount! But maybe I'm wrong i'm hungover to hell, therfore the day can only get better!

Also with a bit of mary jane the after effects are no way as bad as booooooze :crazyeyes

I reckon you go4it, get smashed. Make sure you dont look at mirrors though, they are bad, I laughed at myself for hours :confused:

Bopz
  • Options
    Most smokers I know quite like introducing others to smoking, not in a kind of pushy way but its good to share something you enjoy with others. This works quite strongly with MDMA too.

Just say to him that you havent smoked before and that you'd like to give it a try. Arrange a time when you can meet up somewhere and have a smoke and see if you like it.

I would advise against something like a bong or a 'bucket' on your first time, it might be a bit over powering. Just a spliff would be the best option.

Then if you like it you can talk to him about maybe buying some.
  • Options
    I do appreciate your concern morrocan roll
    you managed to decipher and understand that little lot then!
    sorry i was well pissed ...
  • Options
    lol, I did have to read it about 8 or 9 times to understand it ;)

Thanks everyone for your replies, it's put at ease more. Apparently my mate will give me a ring next week to meet up 'for a drink'. So I'll see how it goes! I think I'd certainly feel more comfortable with a spliff or something but I guess I'll just see what he has.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    I reckon you go4it, get smashed. Make sure you dont look at mirrors though, they are bad, I laughed at myself for hours :confused:

:yes:

Mirrors are fucking awful when on something like mushrooms or acid, always manage to scare myself when in the bathroom. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    :yes:

Mirrors are fucking awful when on something like mushrooms or acid, always manage to scare myself when in the bathroom. :crazyeyes
    with a fucking nose like that is it any wonder!
    has anyone mistaken it for a fat one yet ...
    you must of gone through coke like fucking henry the hoover goes through fluff.
  • Options
    I'd advise against using a bong or any other strong smoking device for your first time. It's pretty much a completely different experience and it can be scary at times. I recommend using a pipe, joints can be a hassle if not rolled properly. And I'll let you know, you might not get high your first time smoking. Many people have this happen but it's probably because they forget to inhale. So good luck and don't forget to inhale.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Iscariot
    I'd advise against using a bong or any other strong smoking device for your first time. It's pretty much a completely different experience and it can be scary at times. I recommend using a pipe, joints can be a hassle if not rolled properly. And I'll let you know, you might not get high your first time smoking. Many people have this happen but it's probably because they forget to inhale. So good luck and don't forget to inhale.

Yeah joints are the way to go on your first time. I also never got high on my first time either, dunno why. It could be on your first time you dont know what being stoned is like so you dunno if your stoned or not?? Unfortunatly for me my mates had ran out of paper so i couldnt ave a j, so i had a bong (twice) instead but dident realy notice much - then again i was pissed up before hand. If it doesnt hit you the first night you try it, it will the second night.

Iscariot im guessing that his mate will be able to roll, i dont think pipes are the way to go really - there the harsh'est on the back of your throut than any other method.

Just dont get usted to doing it every night like i ave, whenever theres a night that i cant smoke i end up craving for it (esp after drinking).
  • Options
    Just thought I'd update you on my first time. I met my mate last night for a drink and then went for some draw (assuming that's how you spell it?!). He only put in a couple of...erm, bits (?) so it wasn't that strong. Just kind of getting used to it. I then met my mate (and his mate) for a few more tonight. I didn't get high and I know I didn't inhale it properly all the time. I was starting to get a few effects like a dry mouth and wanting to spit...but I enjoyed it It was different way to spend time with my mates. So I think I'll just try to gradually smoke in more and more, trying to get used to it.

Bit of a pussy update but I thought I'd tell you anyway! :)
  • Options
    To get use and use to it...wait till you get used to it, it's a great thing but many people would tell you different, i think it all just depends on the person who is smoking it.

You'll probably end up smoking it flat out, i think every smoker has done that at some point or another, some go for long and then stop but then others just don't stop at all.
  • Options
    Bit of a pussy update but I thought I'd tell you anyway! :)
    sounds straight to me.
    i smoked the stuff daily cos i was surrounded by it ..it never did anything at all for me apart from having a mouth like a camels fanny.
    then one day ...for no reason ...it all changed ...i got the giggles!
    everything else about weed followed ...and 36 years later ...lit is still my drug of choice ...in fact my only illegal choice ...apart from now and again.
  • Options
    Sounds very much like my first time, and I guess very much like most peoples first time.
  • Options
    I don't remember my first time..I didn't realise that!! I remember where we were sitting and everything though, and I seem to remember it was fun, but I don't know if the drug kicked in or if it was just like "oh this is fun, who wants to try rolling it next?" giggly sort of socialness.
  • Options
    Bet it's different now though burningwings?
  • Options
    to be honest, when i smoke it now it's just because it makes me happier.
  • Options
    Originally posted by burningwings
    to be honest, when i smoke it now it's just because it makes me happier.
    everyone here probably imagine me as a 24hr seven days a week smoker ...not correct.
    i leave it alone for weeks. then i smoke little one skinners with about ten pence worth in for qweeks on end with a nightly or sometimes weekly blitz on the brain job.
    cannabis does actualy make me feel whole as a person ...........
  • Options
    I got fucking mullered on my first time we smoked all night, then I walked two miles home, the prang was harsh I thought there were muggers round every corner! I was the best smoke I've ever had. Ah the good old days....

I would suggest that you dont get wasted on alcohol and smoke untill you know the full effect that weed has on you. I still cant to this day drink and smoke, I whitey every time.
  • Options
    we used to smoke draw from Lungs (:yuk:) and buckets when we first started.:rolleyes:

Very strong way of smoking it and not recommended if you want to try to control your consumption :no: