Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I am far too fascinated...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...with drugs. Now as i've said before i have a few mental health problems so have been staying away from drugs. However last week a friend of mine told me she could get anything, coke, heroin whatever i want. I can't stop thinking about what she said. I'm just too curious. Gah. How can I stop this before I do something stupid?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: I am far too fascinated...
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    ...with drugs. Now as i've said before i have a few mental health problems so have been staying away from drugs. However last week a friend of mine told me she could get anything, coke, heroin whatever i want. I can't stop thinking about what she said. I'm just too curious. Gah. How can I stop this before I do something stupid?
    oh 'eck.
    i,ve been in that situation a number of times when trying to stay clean. sometimes you fall off the wagon.
    i had to avoid faces and places to stay sane. in the end i had to completely walkout on my life. remove myself physicaly from the whole thig to stay clean. served me well.
    you know what the right decisions are in your head but ...in your heart there is the love affair of sweet intoxication. i'm starting to get high just thinking about it. in the trade it's called euphoric recall you only recall how wonderful drugs were ...are ... see the slippery slope?
    the nights i have spent repeating over and over to myself ...'if heroin was so wonderful ...why did i put so much effort into removing myself from it all ...why ...why ...why ....why ...
    i don't know how many times you'll fall off the wagon. don't know what tricks of your own you'll develop over time to not fall off to often.
    sorry i can't be of much help.
    all the best ...stay free.
    I stopped using recreational drugs about 2 years ago.

Since then a day hasnt gone by without me thinking and talking about them:rolleyes:

the only foolish questions are unasked ones, if you are really interested in this topic then you should do some research on each chemical, non how it effect the brain and health implications for it.

The Site
    Erowid

and of course post individual questions here (if Bong doesnt know i dont think may people will :D )

to be honest with most substances you will find some evidence of implications for exaccerbating mental health problems, but do your own research and find out for yourself.

Good luck and try to stay safe:D
    The temptation is always going to be there, don't go straight into trying heroin or coke, don't even bother actually at all with the heroin, i can't say much about the coke because i want to try it sometime, i can get it but it's a bit expensive.

Do you take any other drugs? weed,speed or anything?
    There are NO safe drugs, and this especially applies to people who have a history of mental health problems.

It is too much of an easy answer. You can rid yourself of all your worries with one line or one shot. But, well as the saying goes 'if it looks too good to be true, it normally is'.

Its an easy answer in the short term only, its highly likely to make things a whole lot worse. Especially when your talking about heroin or cocaine. Both have strong addictive properties.

Plus cocaine isnt even worth the money, the high is shit for the price.

I'd say avoid it, its very likely to make things a whole lot worse.
    Thanks for all your advice. Oh and i do weed occasionally and have done poppers (but lets face it, they suck). I know I shouldn't, and I know from past experience it will make everything worse, but I can't help worryin that i know if i was offered something, i wouldnt say no :(
    Chill out and don't think about trying drugs so much, just relax..
    Why is this subject so fascinating?

I mean why do even people who dont use drugs or have stopped using them (like myself), remain fascinated by this subject.

It crop up in conversation at least once a day for me, and to be honest i get sick of it at times:rolleyes:

I wonder why its so fascinating:confused:
    I wonder why its so fascinating

The buzz.
    probably. Definately true with E. Fuckin religious experience 1st E:D
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    probably. Definately true with E. Fuckin religious experience 1st E:D

Most definately :thumb:
    At the end of the day Girl_Gunner, we could spend all day reeling off horror stories that would be enough to put most people off but if you're dead set on trying them, no matter what we say it won't make any difference at all.

If you're worried about the consequences, you really need to review your attitude towards them, and like others said question your motive for wanting to experiment.

Good luck, hope whatever you decide to do works out for you. :thumb: And if you do decide to start dabbling, whatever you do don't get into a routine every weekend..
    Personally I think its interesting because so many areas over lap.

Politics, science, biology, chemistry, socialogy...plus the whole personal experience aspect of it too.