Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ketamine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know people think that i'm a bit too young to be doing anything much harder than weed, but on this case i would just like the facts, because a friend of mine has been offered ketamine, and this is one drug i know nothing about, apart from all the odd names it gets called round here. so, anything at all would help here.

thanks...

Luby

Comments

• Options
    ha ha this stuff is unlike anything! Its's weird! Thats the best I can explain it but I absolutely love it. I've banned myself from it now though. The person and at a guess he will reply, is Bongbudda.
    I know about it's history but not in great details so any advice from me might leave you confused.
  • Options
    Lots of fun but very dangerous ;)
  • Options
    Wierd is a very good description I think, its not really something you can explain, especially the higher doses.

It distances your mind from your body, so you will look on your body and it wont feel or look like your own. And in higher doses you wont be able to move.

Its normally sold in 'raps' of a gram and the purity is normally good, but, well you dont know. Higher amounts are normally sold in liquid form which is then 'cooked' down to form pure powder.

Its then normally snorted, a small bump of pure will produce a light, slightly out of it feel, light legs and difficulty talking.

A higher dose will produce full on out of body experience, visions etc. However it will not cause visual effects like LSD or mushies, it will really only be if you go into the K-hole.

Middle doses can be very unpleasant, slipping in and out of the k-hole can produce a sensation of going insane.

Some users will take the drug oraly, but this can produce massive visons and will last longer, really not advisable unless you really know what you are doing.

Also it can be taken IM, this is the most intense way of doing the drug, but of course there is all the risks of needles and impure product.

It has very little effect on the CNS, the heart rate will raise slightly as it wears off and you will feel a slight foggy head.

However, it does work with depressants to produce even stronger effects on the CNS, so NEVER mix with alcohol, benzos, GHB etc.
  • Options
    Ketamine is also physically and mentally quite addictive, the tolerance for the drug will go out quite sharply and it is not uncommon for someone to snort a gram of pure to be able to k-hole themselves.

And yes, I will say that its unwise for someone of your age to be doing a drug of this ilk. You have skant experience with any trips, this is really not something you want to be doing.

But when have any of you listened to me?
  • Options
    quite offten, and i think i'll try something like mushies before this. my mate told me that she thought that this wasn't as powerful as mushie but she's deffinatly wrong.

thanks for that bong.
  • Options
    Is it stronger than mushies?

Hmm, yes and no. Its physically addictive and mushies arent, its mentally addictive and mushies dont really have that ability.

But a strong mushie trip will be strong than a weak hit of ketamine, and the other way around.

It has the potencial to be a stronger drug, but as with everything it depends a lot on dose.
  • Options
    Historically it was invented to use insted of PCP which is its chemical cousin. It was first made in the 1960's I believe, but when, I cant be sure.

It was and is used as an anesthetic because of its ability to knock someone out totally without any effect on the CNS.

However because of the visions etc. it has fallen out of favor somewhat for humans. Though having said that it is still used sometimes for the elderly and children if there is a serious concern over other anethestics effect on the CNS.

It is used mainly these days for animals, counter to popular belief it is used for many different animals it is NOT just used for horses.

'Street' ketamine in the UK comes from two main sources, it is either stolen or misplaced from legit sources and then sold. Or more commanly it is imported from India in bottles.

There used to be a big import market from China, but there was a clamp down and now China only exports Freebase Ketamine and not Hydrachroide. Freebase is much harder to use and has to be converted into the salt.

I hope that answers most of your questions.
  • Options
    Weird ain't the word for this stuff! :eek:
    Full on multidimensional, parallel time, Dr Who shit. Not for the faint hearted really.
    Very habit forming if you're not careful.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta

Very habit forming if you're not careful.
    N dont I know it!! Its well popular here and I spent about a year and a half living off the stuff. I've moved on, sadly left quite a few people behind who are still up to their eye balls in it :(
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Luby, if you want a bit more info you could have a look at theSite's pages on ketamine, here and here. As usual, Erowid has extensive information on the effects and dangers of use. It certainly doesn't sound like the most pleasant experience.....
  • Options
    First time i had ket was one of the trippiest nghts ever, admittedly i had acid too but i know it was the ket that sent me over the edge.
    Firstly depth perception came extremly wild as in i would put my arms out and they would look 10foot long, lol

secodly i kept drifitin in to dream state wake up and then get confused what reality was, very trippy to say the least

thirdly everything felt as if it were made from rubber and if someone pulled my ear it felt like it was being stretched

fourth it was really hard to get anywhere because it was such a mission on K, it took me about 5 mins to walk down 2 steps and it seemed like a lifetime to get to a toilet

and last thing i remember was when me and 2 others who were also on ket lay next to each other it felt as though we all became one big blob, it was as if i had melted into the other person.

Yes ket can be cool but trust me, it has its nasty sides, i remember at tidy weekender i went into a mates room to find that everyone had taken too much ket, the lot of em were just lying on the bed, silent with their eyes rolling in their heads. They had all k-holed and that was scary thing to see.

If you decide to do ket just make sure that you only take small bumps at a time and when you start feeling really out of it stop for at least 1-2 hours - dont forget its anesthetic
  • Options
    Mixing ketamine with other trips can make it very over powering, be careful.

And as I said before, NEVER ever mix it with a downer.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Mixing ketamine with other trips can make it very over powering, be careful.

And as I said before, NEVER ever mix it with a downer.
    I once had some mushie tea then a fat line of ket, that was really really bizarre :eek:
  • Options
    i've heard of K, but i have no information on it, and I don't know anyone who takes it...

can you OD on it? you can pretty much OD on all drugz apart from weedd and skunk, although you can "wig" out on those i guess.

If you can OD or go crazily insane, i say stick to smokin the beanie beanie, it's all good, and if your finding it's not strong enough, try and hunt down some purple haze, or nothern lights or white tiger.... saying that, these days you can;t really trust your sources, altho weed shops in amsterdam you know exactly what your buying.

there's no point in fucking up your life over drugz, just cos your mates do em, i suggest not too
  • Options
    Originally posted by seany
    altho weed shops in amsterdam you know exactly what your buying.

i mate bought what she was told was purple haze. more like shit, she didn't anything out of it and she's not a heavy smoker at all. so you can't. i buy from the grower, but thats the only way you can be sure.
  • Options
    Ketamine is something I have never touched, or wanted to touch. Not after after finding my ex, in our hallway half concious, eyes rolling covered in his own vomit, piss and shit. Very scary experience for me and enough to put me off for life!!
  • Options
    Yes you can OD on it, but because it has minimal effect on the CNS over dosing on only ketamine would be very hard if you were snorting it. This is because you would pass out before you actually got close to OD'ing.

However, it sometimes makes people sick and obviously being sick while you are out of it can be VERY dangerous.

As for why people try other things than cannabis, well there is a whole host of reasons really.

And I would somewhat argue with your view that it is only cannabis which is a "safe" drug. First of all there is no safe drugs and there are a few drugs which are equal in their physical effect on the body. GHB, mushrooms, LSD and heroin to name a few.
  • Options
    damn, wish i knew where to find that stuff around here. :/
  • Options
    It does seem to have fallen out of favor with most clubbers for one reason or another. That and for a few reasons supply is limited.
  • Options
    Its still readily available on the free party scene.
  • Options
    Yes, but then that is a different market isnt it. There have always been a wider variety of drugs available in that market because there is a demand for it.

However, in the general club scene there has been a big reduction in the amount of ketamine around. Why this is I'm not sure.

The price however is on average increasing from what I have heard which could well reflect a reduction in supply, NOT demand.
  • Options
    Dunno, I ain't been to a club in yonks.
  • Options
    I got offered ket about a week ago($15 for 2 doses) and was wondering whether I should try it. I'll admit that I'm not very experienced in psychedelics. Mushrooms were only available to me this year and everything else is a rarity. I've done mushrooms about 10 or so times and I know how to handle myself on them. I've had a couple of bad trips so I know how to help myself.

Which method should I use to administer it? Safest and least painful preferred. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Sniff it.
  • Options
    Two doses? What does that mean? Most people buy it in powder form and then snort it as Shogun mentioned. I would have no idea about whats a good price in the US.

As for whether you should do it, hmm, it is quite a strong drug, although not physically very dangerous. It is however physically and mentally quite addictive.

Small doses, as in snorting a very small line or 'bump' wont cause a massive amount of effect. That would be the place to start.

I've known people go straight for the k-hole on their first time, but given you dont know the quality that well I would advise against this.

If you are wanting to try it, have a read on www.erowid.org and ask the supplier how it is coming and what a 'dose' is.

Any other questions I'd be happy to answer them.
  • Options
    Well it's coming in from mexico in liquid form, no idea what brand it is though. The guy who is getting it just said two doses for $15, never said how many milligrams. I know that it can be quite addictive but I'm going to be responsible and make this my only time for now. I really don't want to go down the same road as my parents(why I don't do many hard drugs). I have no idea how to measure out lines though, so I'll probably end up railing a fat line and k-holing.

Are IM injections painful at all? Do any ket brands vary in potency? Thanks for the help,
  • Options
    Right, well your starting from a good place, idealy you would get it still in its vet bottle, that way you'd know it wasnt stepped on and you could tell how much was in there.

This isnt massively likely for $15, but then I'm not sure how small the bottles get.

You'll have to 'cook' the liquid down to get powder, this is massively difficult, although I've always got someone else to do mine because I'm lazy.

Then your left with a pure product so you only have to snort a very small amount.

A somewhat hazy definition of a 'bump' or small line is the length and width of the grove you get in Yale keys. You know the front door ones. However, this is really rather small and will only have any effect at all if it is totally pure.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

However, in the general club scene there has been a big reduction in the amount of ketamine around. Why this is I'm not sure.

As a heavy raver my opinion is that ket has really just been a phase over the past year or so. I think tbh general ravers are just getting bored with the effects of ket and would rather go back to the traditional "E" and give it large. But then again thats kinda how i feel but an educated guess would suggest that this is the case with most ravers.
  • Options
    I think so, I think the club scene is changing. A lot of the older clubbers are leaving pills behind and moving onto cocaine.

Pill use is actually stagnating or even going down depending on what figures you look at but cocaine use is really going up.

I think pills are seen as 'dirty' and being fucked up is looked down upon by many older clubbers. Cocaine (wrongly) is seen as a cleaner more predictable drug which you can use and still keep control of yourself.

Then there is the younger users who seem to be using more pills more often with alcohol. Now anyone who has used ketamine and alcohol together will tell you its nasty. That and very dangerous.

Personally I think its a mix of a lack of supply and a reduction in demand.