Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Gap Year Jobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Maybe this should go in the Student section, but I'm taking a gap year next year and was wondering if anybody has an idea on what jobs I can do. I was thinking of volunteering at the CAT (Centre for Alternative Technology) for a few months doing farming or something, but was wondering if people have any idea of other jobs. Done bar work & shop work & factory & office... I'd like to try something new.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Gap Year Jobs
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    Maybe this should go in the Student section, but I'm taking a gap year next year and was wondering if anybody has an idea on what jobs I can do. I was thinking of volunteering at the CAT (Centre for Alternative Technology) for a few months doing farming or something, but was wondering if people have any idea of other jobs. Done bar work & shop work & factory & office... I'd like to try something new.
    A GAP year is a really good chance to get work experience in the field that you might end up working in. I spent the first 7 months of my GAP year working in a Science Lab as a research assistant and the last 7 months in South America, mainly doing voluntry work with children on a slum in Brazil and a couple of month travelling about and stuff.

What kindof thing might you end up doing in the long run?

If you're planning to go to university/ college etc what are you going to be studying there?