Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Drugs and reading...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Not sure if this topic should be here or in entertainment but i'll put it here and if its wrong the new mods can practice moving threads some more.

Right, im going to reading this summer and because i dont drink i was planning on taking some gear with me.
I want to take some draw and a box of shrooms.
Now the shrooms i can take easy with out getting caught but what about my draw?
Ive never been to a festiville beofre so i dnt know how risky its going to be do smoke it out in the open....lil help here people.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went to reading last year and saw barely any police presence. I have heard stories of sniffer dogs but never saw them there. You'd probably have to be really unlucky to get arrested there.

However, security do patrol and run "random" searches on people entering the arena (I got searched everytime I went there). But the security seem to mainly just confiscate without chucking you off the site. I only lost a small bit of hash, although someone I know lost about an ounce of skunk.
  • Options
    I went to Leeds last year, so i'm guessing it will be a similar situation. I don't think I saw an ounce of action taken to prevent people bringing it in or smoking it or anything around the campsite. In the evening there were tonnes of people blatently shouting if anybody had any cannabis and stuff..and people patrolling did bugger all. They do search and frisk you though when you go to the arenas but its not as if you really need it when you're watching the bands. I took it through once and chilled in the dance tent, and spliffs were being passed around there.. so its not hard to get it through. As long as you don't sing and shout about having it you'll be fine.

Although saying that, my friends who went to Reading said that they did have a patrol person come up and say they were going to search the tent (which was theres and so contained their supplies) but they said their mate was having a nap in it so that they'd be ready to see Metallica later in the day and they accepted it.
  • Options
    There are police and security at all of these events, though how much I dont know never having been.

Obviously even with the relaxled law being found with anything more than an 1/8th of weed could be nasty.

If your going for the weekend I would suggest sealing the weed in a few baggies then putting it in the bottle of a shampoo/lotion bottle and taking it in like that. This should fool even a sniffer dog if your lucky.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    We have a festival microsite coming soon, which may have a bit of information on this issue.... We would have to remind you all though that what you are doing is illegal and you should think carefully about whether the risk of getting caught is worth it.

We mods wouldn't recommend you take anything illegal in with you - there is no guarantee there won't be sniffer dogs at the gates, and who knows how sensitive their noses are.....
  • Options
    The police most definately do not turn a blind eye to it.
    I heard stories about last year's Homelands festival where everyone was made to walk single file past a sniffer dog. This proves wrong the attitude people have of "everyone will be doing drugs there, so the police won't mind." They will bust people there cos that's what the cupid stunts enjoy doing.
  • Options
    I can confirm that story, they did make us walk single file past the sniffer dogs......
  • Options
    Were the sniffer dogs any good? I'm sure they can't have caught everyone. I think a lot of dogs arent actually trained and they indicate being able to smell drugs when given a secret signal by the handler - just an excuse to search anyone who looks dodgy.
  • Options
    I'm not sure how good they were, but they were very effective because there were a lot of suspicious baggies in the grass on the other side of the railing fencing us in...... We have no idea how clued up the dogs are, but would you risk getting caught? They certainly find things at the airport, I've seen several people getting caught with all kinds of things....
  • Options
    It is a big risk. If the dog is well trained, you're 99.99% sure to get caught. Covering up a scent (especially skunk) is near impossible with the dog's sense of smell (i spent a lot fo time in front of the Discovery channel one night and learnt about it...)
  • Options
    I`ve never been to a festival before i dont think i would risk carrying anything in cos it sounds too sketchy, i know i`d be well paranoid getting frisked by a cop or having a dog sniff around me when im carrying 5 pills and a 8th of whizz or something...

I`d get in then try to score anything if i wanted it!
  • Options
    I'll be at Reading and will most likely once again take a stupid risk. I only ever take personal usage; Oz of skunk, 15 beans and 3G of charlie.
    Always assume that if I do get caught I won't receive too bad a battering from the law. I got arrested for the first time ever on friday, and that was non-drug related. I can afford a possession charge at the moment..
  • Options
    Originally posted by SandboxMagician
    I'll be at Reading and will most likely once again take a stupid risk. I only ever take personal usage; Oz of skunk, 15 beans and 3G of charlie.
    Always assume that if I do get caught I won't receive too bad a battering from the law. I got arrested for the first time ever on friday, and that was non-drug related. I can afford a possession charge at the moment..

fuck me, that is a big amount to be carrying in!

i hope your hiding place is a good one.
  • Options
    It's really not. Normally just bag or pocket.
    I'm probably the most careless person out of my mates for this, yet I'm the only one not to be busted by the police with anything on me.
    It doesn't tend to bother me, I'm open about it with my family and they wouldn't be shocked or upset if I was arrested. Criminal records and charges don't seem too bad, just a pain in the ass.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    I can confirm that story, they did make us walk single file past the sniffer dogs......

Yep I was there too, I managed to get my pills in ok and so did my mates. We just stuck them in our pants and sprayed aftershave all over them. Did the trick but depends how long the dogs have been working.
  • Options
    Originally posted by SandboxMagician

That is well within personal use for the average cainer, but the police arnt going to see it like that.
  • Options
    Good point CRE, there is information about the penalties on the Site's drugs and the law pages. Drugscope have a really informative page as well.
  • Options
    If you get caught with that lot the likelyhood is your going to be spending time in jail.

How you can dismiss that possibility is crazy to me.

Thats two counts of possession of a class A drug with intent to supply, (max 30 years and unlimited fine) and one count possession class C drug with intent to supply (max 14 years and unlimited fine).

Carrying that much is just plain FUCKING stupid!!
  • Options
    Plus and even if you get community service and remain out of jail you will have to put down your record for every job you apply for for at least a year. If not more.

And for some jobs it will mean you will ALWAYS have to declare it.

This will of course sour your chances of getting some jobs.

Also if you fancy traveling many countries dont let people in with a criminal record involving drugs.

Just because so many people ignore the drug law doesnt mean you couldnt spend a LONG time in jail because of it.
  • Options
    Thanks Bong. No point in beating around the bush now, is there.

That's such an important point here - whether you take a shedload of drugs past a few sniffer dogs and police fully prepped to catch as many people as possible - the decision is entirely yours, but for goodness sakes make the choice with your eyes wide open.

Know what the risks are and what you are prepared to give up if it all goes wrong, know what the chances are of it all going wrong, and then make your choice. But don't just do it because all your mates are or because you don't think you really care what happens or it sounded like a good idea at the time. It could affect the rest of your life.
  • Options
    Trust me, you WOULD care a great deal if you got caught with that lot, and so would your family.

Possession with intent to supply is a very serious charge, with pills the likelyhood is the police will be alright about it, but with coke, thats a very different animal.
  • Options
    I went to Leeds 2002 and reading 2003 and this is what i found.

*Police WERE walking around the camp sites handing out cations BUT there were fuck all of them, only saw a bout 3 old bill all weekend (at leeds i didnt see any).

*No sniffer dogs at reading or leeds

*On Thurs night they did a Alternative club night at the local leisure center for festival attendees. I got my munk in their BUT the security were walking around checking. One came over and wanted to sniff my rollies, look in my pouch, wanted me to move to make sure i wasnt sitting on anything ( i was actually preparing to skin up but it was still in my sock :) )

*Getting gear into the main arena is easy, just put it in your sock and take it out when u get into the main arena. Be sure to skin up in crowds.

*We actually bought hash fudge (£3 a pop, 2 4 a fiver) inside the main arena while watching Placebo. The guy was just running around shouting it! Also bought some from a girl selling hash truffles in the campsite.

Bascially just employ some suss and be a little schnide about it and you'll be ok :thumb:

have a great time! :D
  • Options
    This is exactly what i thought last night.... just the class As alone might convince the police this guy may have intent to supply.

If you got caught with all that they would chuck you straight in the back of a police van and i doubt you`d end up with a caution!
  • Options
    secure it in your knickers
  • Options
    I have a question:
    do you have to walk past a sniffer dog?
    how long before the gig do the fences and security set up?
  • Options
    I doubt they would let you sit in the field and put up the fence around you.

And if your planning to hide it on site then collect it, I wouldnt bother, someone else will have it away.
  • Options
    well fomr the three years i've been security and police presence has been pretty lax, especially in the campsite areas.

but, they do quite often have sniffer dogs at the train station, luckily enough first time i went i was quite innocent and all i had on me was booze.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I doubt they would let you sit in the field and put up the fence around you.

And if your planning to hide it on site then collect it, I wouldnt bother, someone else will have it away.

Hahaha, I can just imagine sitting there wasted watching them put it all up, bet it would be well satisying when it's all finished, :lol: