Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

One night stands what's the point

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The title says it all.

Comments

• Options
    Some people find them very enjoyable. Mostly blokes though.
    Chances of uncomplicated brilliant sex and finding a man who really knows what to do in bed are less than 1%.<P class="body">One night stands, they come and they go.
  • Options
    Less than 1 per cent?
    What amazing scientific research came up with that unarguable statistic? Or is is just based on your experiences, or those of other Cosompolitan readers ;-)<P class="body">
    In my expereince, One night stands are usually crap. Not because the man (ie, ME) is bad, but because it's after a huge ammount of drinking and neither party can focus on the sex, just on not throwing up!
  • Options
    Personally, I think that one night stands are great! I've had some wicked experiences!

Katy xxx
  • Options
    I agree with Katy.... I think oner night stands are great ( as long as the bloke isn't so mashed that he forgets who he is, where he lives etc never mind what to do!!) U've got to be careful though, my mate got into the situation of a one night stand where the bloke started to scream his girlfriend's name...... how embarrasing would that be?????
  • Options
    One night stands are ultimately bad for you, but they can be really great at the time.<P class="body">I've had a few and they have taught lots about women, but when it finally comes down to it, they give you nothing emotionally and simply leave you feeling colder and more empty in your soul.<P class="body">What you need is LURVE and that's where the best sex comes from anyway!<P class="body">
    Alan
  • Options
    I've had a few 1 nite stands, some better and more memorable than others. I think that for some ppl that lack commitment and just want some 'no strings' sex its fine. For me personally, i prefer to be with someone that I love and trust.<P class="body">Good luck 2 all u serial 1-nite-standers, make sure u dont catch anything...

xxx Mia xxx
  • Options
    best way to learn...oh and variety is the spice of life...(admittidly a more emotionally satisfying experience when you're with someone you love, but until then...)
  • Options
    one night stands are good! u get the fun with out the commitment!
  • Options
    I think the fact you're committed to each other is half the fun when you're having sex....
  • Options
    I think all this stuff about 'sex in relationships is best' is a load of shit! I've been with my bloke for four months now and the sex is shit, I've only had a couple of one night stands and they were great! I think its the fact that it's slightly naughty that makes it soooo good.

kt*
  • Options
    One night stands can be really great and I must admit that some of my best sexual memories r from brief encounters. Thing is though, one nighters r great if it's what u want; nothing worse than be used by someone. A friend of mine used to shag a different bloke almost every night, she had a real low self esteem and was desperately seeking attention and all she got was a bunch of wankers who treated her like a bit of meat and reinforced her feelings of being crap - now that is sad.
  • Options
    I personally hate the idea of a 1night stand- I've been through phases where I've liked the idea eg. at one point when I wasn't with my boyfriend I went out with an ex who I've always considered really fine, and I was open to the idea, but when I think about it seriously, I cant possibly bear the idea of basically anonymous sex. I dunno, it works for some, and thats great.
  • Options
    i'd never totally rule it out, but having sex in a relationship is definately the best way to learn. being able to be comfortable enough to try new things etc... but then i guess you could do that in a 1 night stand as well.... dn't think it'll be happening for a few years, even though i have just become temporarily single! ! !
  • Options
    R.I.P
  • Options
    Originally posted by Freyja
    I personally hate the idea of a 1night stand- I've been through phases where I've liked the idea eg. at one point when I wasn't with my boyfriend I went out with an ex who I've always considered really fine, and I was open to the idea, but when I think about it seriously, I cant possibly bear the idea of basically anonymous sex. I dunno, it works for some, and thats great.
    sweetheart please check the dates threads were made, this is 4 years old! if your interested in the subject, make your own thread.
  • Options
    haha, 2000. :lol:

'nuff said. :p
  • Options
    thread dead
This discussion has been closed.