Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

When you were younger

2»

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    They are very laid back and friendly, and yes, very religious. We didn't get to the Blue Lagoon, and only went snorkelling, but it really was gorgeous, the water was really warm and clear..... hmmmmmm......
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And I found it wasnt the overtly salty Med sea water you get from the south of France, which I wasnt keen on.

It felt clean and was very clear for diving. Makes me wish I was on holiday really.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Lovely people though and their Churches are amazing, isnt it 99.9% of the population goes to church every week.

I prefered Gozo to Malta, its more of a back water, its even slower and there are places which arent that touristy.

Did you get to the blue lagoon? Theres some fantastic diving off Gozo too, I went diving there and there was a massive drop off wall with loads of stuff living in it, it was one of the best dives I've done.
    Oooooh I went to Malta when I was 9. My nanas maltese and ive got family over there. Id love to go back. I loved the blue lagoon, and those little horse and carts, and the buses where everyone would just sit next to each other, no matter how empty the bus was. Valetta was beautiful. The only bad thing was standing on a sea urchin in Sleima.
    Gozo was beautiful too, very secluded beaches. I dont know if its the same these days. I really want to go back.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    I did love Malta, I have bad memories of driving there though as they all drive like maniacs.
    My Nanas got this song on tape about Maltese driving. It says `some drive on the left, some drive on the right, but in Malta they drive in the shade`.
    :lol: