Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

pfa awards

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
thought id post this before i get banned (!)

not really much debate as regards thierry henry getting senior player of the year, but why/how did scott parker win young player? he's played about 3 games since xmas!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He played a lot more beforehand though and Charlton haven't been the same since he left.

Personally I would have given it to Wright-Phillips, even though he's a City player...
    The young players awards are picked in Jan,
    Which is total crap I think- philips would of been a good candidate, how young do the young have to be for the young players awards have to be?
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    how young do the young have to be for the young players awards have to be?

And the award for using the word young the most times in a confusing sentence goes to the Doc :p

I think it's 21 and under. Or actually might be 19. Infact I don't really know ;)
    Infact Parker is 23/24 years old ain't he so might be 25. Bugger it. Wish I'd never started. ;)
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Infact Parker is 23/24 years old ain't he so might be 25. Bugger it. Wish I'd never started. ;)

So the word your looking for is young?
    IN that case how do the likes of gerrard and that not figure?And how old is lampard?

Oh to be young :p
    ok lets clear a few things up here.

how come the young player award is chosen in january? are you sure thats right, if it is it's pretty stupid.

i believe the age limit is 23, cos the olympics is an under-23 tournament really, so i think thats the age they went with.

lampard i think is 25.

not sure why gerrard wasnt in the young player category, its prob because he's been an established player now for about 5 years; this year's nominees have had their first real stand out season.

as a city fan, it would have been nice for wright phillips to get it, he's been our only decent player this season. however john terry should have got it, he's been immense from day one.

but like someone said, if they pick in january then i suppose you're always gonna get an odd result. john o'shea should have won it last year and didnt (although i cant remember who did win, answers on a postcard please!)
    Originally posted by superfly
    ok lets clear a few things up here.

how come the young player award is chosen in january? are you sure thats right, if it is it's pretty stupid.

i believe the age limit is 23, cos the olympics is an under-23 tournament really, so i think thats the age they went with.

lampard i think is 25.

not sure why gerrard wasnt in the young player category, its prob because he's been an established player now for about 5 years; this year's nominees have had their first real stand out season.

as a city fan, it would have been nice for wright phillips to get it, he's been our only decent player this season. however john terry should have got it, he's been immense from day one.

but like someone said, if they pick in january then i suppose you're always gonna get an odd result. john o'shea should have won it last year and didnt (although i cant remember who did win, answers on a postcard please!)

Rooney won as far as I remember last year-
    Im not 100% about the Jan thing but I was told that so I stand for correction if anybody knows any different?

Since Gerrard is established i'd of given it to Terry he's really come of age this year!Class player- parker decent first half but he's died down at chelsea-
    Parker is over-rated and has a made a mistake going to Chelsea, don't get me wrong he's a decent player, but there's too much hype about him. I remember 2 or 3 years ago West Ham fans wouldn't shut up about 'Carrick for England'. Big fish, small (or at least smaller) pond. Parker stood out at Charlton but he doesn't at Chelsea, he would've been better of footballing-wise staying at Charlton and playing every week. I have a feeling a few of the players who went to Chelsea may be regretting it, I'm sure they were offered a deal they couldn't refuse, but for a few of them it has been to the detriment of their footballing oppurtunities.

Only Henry could win the POY award, noe one could argue with that, great to see Stevie G and Lampard in such awesome form ahead of the euros, our midfield players are amongst the best in the world without a shadow of a doubt.