Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

so worried

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how do i stop worrying? its worry all the time with me.
right now i have a major worry, im crying most nights about it. i got tests done on tuesday to test my kidney function as im diabetic, i get the results next week. im so scared something will show up cos im never feeling 100%. im terrified, i want to cry and cry. im already suffering the effects of diabetes in my eyes and thats been hard enough to cope with, couldnt handle it if my kidneys were damaged too, i really couldnt.
im really really scared, i keep thinking what if something is wrong, ill die young and i wont be able to have kids. trying to tell myself nothings up, im being paranoid and then i think i never thought at the age i am now that ide be receiving treatment to stop me going blind. :crying: .
i dont know what im hoping for here, maybe just need it off my chest. i just dont know what to do!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You really need to talk about this with your doctor. Perhaps he could give you something to help you chill a little?
    A bit of worrying is natural but if its affecting your life then you really need to try & get it sorted *hugs*.
    thanks. ive got the docs on friday so ill chat to him then or should that be blubber as no doubt the minute he asks how i am im going to start the waterworks.
    ive always been a worrier but since i was diagnosed with the problem in my eyes ive become more anxious especially about my health. i just never ever thought that at 24(my age at the time of diagnosis) that ide be having to deal with the prospect of going blind and i keep thinking my kidneys are next. i found it real hard to cope, its only been a couple of months since ive stopped crying about the problem with my eyes, more than a year since my treatment began. i just couldnt cope with anything else.
    but anyway thanks for replying. ill not be happy til i get my test results.
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    thanks. ive got the docs on friday so ill chat to him then or should that be blubber as no doubt the minute he asks how i am im going to start the waterworks.
    ive always been a worrier but since i was diagnosed with the problem in my eyes ive become more anxious especially about my health. i just never ever thought that at 24(my age at the time of diagnosis) that ide be having to deal with the prospect of going blind and i keep thinking my kidneys are next. i found it real hard to cope, its only been a couple of months since ive stopped crying about the problem with my eyes, more than a year since my treatment began. i just couldnt cope with anything else.
    but anyway thanks for replying. ill not be happy til i get my test results.

Yeah i know it can be hard, i have an underactive thyroid which just seems to get worse & worse. Once i reach a certain point i will have to have it out. This affects your whole body & i find it hard that someday i might have settle for the only thing they can do & thats take it out & put me on the max dose of tablets.
    I know this is no way near as bad as your problem but its along the same lines...i am always waiting for the next thing to happen, eg get very tired & need the tabelts putting up yet again.
    Sorry i have waffled. *More hugs*
    you havnt waffled. everyone has to deal with different things health wise and it its all relative to whatever condition you have. it doesnt matter if one condition seems worse than the other, having to worry about what will happen in the long term is a horrible horrible thing.
    i know nobody knows what coming for them but if you have a certain condition you know what may happen or is going to happen at some point and its horrible to have that hanging over you like a cloud on the days it comes creeping back into your mind.
    sometimes life is sucky!
    I don't really have a lot to add but *hugs*

Have you tried calming techniques like meditation or anything? I feel a bit silly suggesting them but they do work.

I'll find that picture of the "sannies" again if it will help cheer you up.
    Hi there lovely,

Like Tweety has said if you feel real anxious often then it is really worth talking to your GP about it, they will be able to suggest ways for you to cope better.

We have some factsheets on Anxiety here on TheSite. It isn't a silly little problem and it can really take over your life but there are techniques, and if nec. medication, that can help you get on top of it. Talk to your doctor and take good care of yourself.

Susie :)
    thanks everyone for your feedback and kind words. i feel little better today but im not going to be happy til i get the test results back and they are fine. i think it probably is just paranoia but the worry is there about my kidneys cos i never believed ide develop any of the complications of diabetes at such a young age. i always told myself it happened to older people but then ive lived with diabetes for 16 years, long enough for complications to set in.
    anyway wont say any more about it in this post at least. im just scared.

thanks guys :)
    *Hugs* Haven't really got a lot more to say that wasn't in my last post, but I hope everything goes well for you. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. Tates x
    :D got test results back for my kidney function and everything is normal! so relieved so no more worrying about my kidneys failing. yahoo!
    thanks guys for all your kind words x
    :D got test results back for my kidney function and everything is normal! so relieved so no more worrying about my kidneys failing. yahoo!

Thats great news :D.

Awww, that's good to hear!
    Yay, that's great news! Really pleased for you hun x
    cheers, thanks for the support. doc thinks i have a urine infection so thats much better than having kidney failure(eh just a bit). just got in to a panic as i had a few of the symptoms of kidney troubles and because of the problem i have with my eyes due to diabetes, i just freaked and almost convinced myself my kidneys were for it too.

going to end up locked up in a padded room, me!

anyway thanks again for the support guys :thumb: