Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

shorts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone actually wear shorts or hotpants to go out in? If so, what shoes do you wear with them?

There's some nice shorts in TopShop that I like. But I'm not too comfortable with the idea of wearing them in public. Plus, I tend to equate shorts with slutty. But I'm sure some people must wear them!

Comments

• Options
    I am always forced to wear them when I go abroad.. :o But that's in warm countries like Spain and such so I just wear sandals.. I don't like my legs overly much though so... I personally hate it.
    The worst, though, is to see guys who wear shorts, open sandals and high socks. :lol:
  • Options
    I wear shorts alot and I either wear flipflops with them or I have flats that lace up my calf, that can work too. but i avoid boots or heels when I wear shorts. I dont think it looks right. but everyone has their preference
  • Options
    I dunno about wearing hotpants just now, however, in the summer I might be inclined to do a Kylie with ze gold hotpants and heels and mini mini top.

I always wear shorts out when I'm abroad, but usually skirts when I'm out for a shimmy.

Thing about shorts in the summer is - what Ms. Bombshell said - you can dress 'em up or down with flip flops, Scholls, or heels.

Depends on the top I suppose.

Don't wear them just now, your arse is sure to drop off from ze baltic weather. :nervous:
  • Options
    Re: shorts
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    Does anyone actually wear shorts or hotpants to go out in? If so, what shoes do you wear with them?

There's some nice shorts in TopShop that I like. But I'm not too comfortable with the idea of wearing them in public. Plus, I tend to equate shorts with slutty. But I'm sure some people must wear them!

If I saw a girl in the street wearing hotpants, I'd think slapper. And I'd probably be spot on. It's only the really, really angelic lassies that can pull it off IMHO.

You might wanna wait until July or something though, till it warms up proper.
  • Options
    what exactly are hotpants??? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    what exactly are hotpants??? :confused:

Not like, normal shorts. But SHORT shorts. Mini shorts. Ones that BARELY cover your bumcheeks. :)

hotpants_poster.jpg
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Not like, normal shorts. But SHORT shorts. Mini shorts. Ones that BARELY cover your bumcheeks. :)

hotpants_poster.jpg

:eek2: wait wait are you sure those aren't knickers?? :(

what the heck is up with the name 'hotpants'? they should be named 'bearlyTheres' :yes:

there is always going to be the extremly overweight women thinking the 'bearlyTheres' were made for them. :yuck: :no:
  • Options
    I wear them down the beach but not just generally out in public, skirts are much better in the summer :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    I wear them down the beach but not just generally out in public, skirts are much better in the summer :yes:

agreed. if you want to flash leg, skirts are a million times classier.

i don't wear any shorts that aren't longer than my knees, unless i'm bumming round in the garden or something.
  • Options
    I wear sports shorts (footie type ones for lasses) for my running and netball but i'd never wander round town in them.
    Usually stick to skirts for summer i have to admit, teamed with a pair of trainers for pure comfort.

My legs however do not come out unless there has been a bottle of fake tan near them, they are proper pearly whites at the moment!
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    I dunno about wearing hotpants just now, however, in the summer I might be inclined to do a Kylie with ze gold hotpants and heels and mini mini top.
    :eek2: you're joking?! you'll get laughed at! only someone on top of the pops or a professional dancer on a podium can pull that off.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    :eek2: you're joking?! you'll get laughed at! only someone on top of the pops or a professional dancer on a podium can pull that off.

:yes: Only Kylie or Beyonce and really look good dressed like that!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy

I said MIGHT! Tch.
  • Options
    only time i wear shorts is under a wrap-round skirt.
    damn the crazy london winds.