Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

HARDCORE HEAVEN: The Grand Finale 1st MAY 2004

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
well i've jacked in slammin vinyl in favour of going to the last HH at the Sanctuary.

Who's goin!?:D

(oh yeah FUNNY ALERT: My old man heard me on the phone planning tickets and travel with a friend of mine and asked
'So when are you going to this Acid House party then?':D

i was mucho amused
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Already got my Slammin' Coach ticket! :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Skive
    Already got my Slammin' Coach ticket! :D

:D

Got my ticket today. I'll keep an eye out for you! :)
    You still going Martin? 99.5% sure I'll be going.

Just the thought of the Scott Brown vs. Neophyte set sends shivers up my spine. :D
    im 100% sure im going:D

got a minibus and everything, my boss is driving up there!

Seduction Vs Slipmatt is gonna blow the roof off :yes:
    Out of the last HH, Slammin' and Uproar at the Sanctuary I choose Uproar. I'm getting the train there and back which will be interesting. Anyone else going?
    Originally posted by *raver*
    Out of the last HH, Slammin' and Uproar at the Sanctuary I choose Uproar. I'm getting the train there and back which will be interesting. Anyone else going?

I'll have attended all 3. :D

Did you know there's another Slammin' on the 12th June - the very last event to be held at the Sanctuary ever?
    At 9:30pm last night, it was decided that, after about two minutes of discussion, that we were gonna go.

Tickets have been booked, transport has been arranged, party aids have been ordered and recieved.

Bring it on... cant wait...:hyper: :crazyeyes
    Originally posted by z0ma
    I'll have attended all 3. :D

Did you know there's another Slammin' on the 12th June - the very last event to be held at the Sanctuary ever?

I thought the Uproar I'm going to is on 12th June. There is a Slammin after but Uproar is the last event with Hardcore in the Sanctuary. I would go to all 3 but travelling there and back is too much effort. I'd rather go to local events. Hardcore Heaven on Saturday does look good though.
    still....wouldnt you have loved ESP to have put on one last Dreamscape....:yes:
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    :yes: ;)
    Originally posted by *raver*
    I thought the Uproar I'm going to is on 12th June. There is a Slammin after but Uproar is the last event with Hardcore in the Sanctuary. I would go to all 3 but travelling there and back is too much effort. I'd rather go to local events. Hardcore Heaven on Saturday does look good though.

Got it the wrong way round. Uproar is the 12th June, Slammin' is the 10th July. :o

Dreamscap was best when it was at Shepton Mallet with all the Sky Labs. There is ome talk of the venue beign used again but I doubt it's for a Dreamscape. They had the best ever tachno room.
    Weekender Offender 
    Uproar will be the last ever Hardcore only event at the Sanctuary. :(

And you know it will be sooooo much better than Slammin.

The last Uproar was close to perfect, but the some of the stories from the last Slammin were enough to put me off.
    set times have now been published.

Seduction Vs slipmatt is NOT happening :no:

slipmatt is on at 9.45 in arena 1 with storm

Sy b2b Dougal 5.00 - 6.00

has anyone been on the bus yet?:confused:
    Originally posted by Ants
    The last Uproar was close to perfect, but the some of the stories from the last Slammin were enough to put me off.

Uproaor The Big One was a quality night but Uproar is still best at the Brunel Rooms in Swindon where it started. I'll heading to the one in Swindon on the 14th May instead of the one in Bletchly. The last Slammin has put me off the place.
    Weekender Offender 
    OOOOOOK....

Despite missing Slipmatt & Storm :crying: AND (:crying::crying: x2) Dj Sy, this was fucking wikid.

queued for about 1/2 an hour, no search BUT they took my glow sticks off me? :confused:

Walked in to see Sarge & Smiley, my estimation of Sarge has gone wayyyy up. Incidently Smiley stopped the rave halfway thru, some guy passed out (it was fucking hot when i got in there, but did cool down during the night).

CLSM were fantastic, had some bloke running around with a various signs (eg: point at Hixxy) :) . Transmission to mars = Choooon.

Very much enjoyed Hixxy, Breeze and Styles (they shot their video for 'You're Shining' last night), Dougal.

Didnt think much of Scott Brown vs Neophyte but then im not Scott Brown's biggest fan n e way. Plenty of people enjoying it tho!

Mechandise was well cheap! Tape packs £10, DVD's £5, and the two HH albums for £5!

only a few gripes (i gotta say this is the first big rave i've ever been to so i dont have much in the way of comparison); the heated chill out area never materialised, if it was it was the bus and the bus sure as hell had no movies!

Arcade never materialised, BUT me and a few other mates went on the American Football Waltzer thing and got a free go (the guy who was running it, who i swear was the most fucked person there) just forgot to let us out after the first go and we ended up getting a free ride. The guy then forgot to let us out again and we started calling for him to let us out and he tried the bar, decided it was too stuck, gave up and walked off. me and a mate squeezed out and it took us and 3 other ravers to let our other mate out!

All in all tho it was a fantastic experience, and i also have to make an apology.

A little while ago i started a thread about MC's, and how i was pissed off that they chatted shit over some really good tunes (im thinkin of magika in particular).

After last nights event i have to say that all the MC's were amazing, but in particular i have to respect Storm, whizzkid and Smiley, who were all top class last night :thumb:

so whats next then?
    What can I say? Top class night! :D

All the sets were quality, was loving Sy, Breeze & Styles, SB & Neophyte, Producer, M-Zone, amongst others that I can barely remember.

We met Sy, Storm and Whizzkid. :D My mate gave Storm his last rizla for a joint! :hyper:

Gotta say as well, whoever thought up the bus as an arena is a genius, fucking loved it! "If you've never had a rave on a bus before..."

When they were shooting the video,I was on my mate's shoulders the whole time so hopefully you'll be able to see me on there as well. :D

All in all a spot on night. Only things that I would moan about really is the fact one of my mates got kicked out for skinning up on the bus (a bit extreme surely, I've seen people get caught with weed before and all that happened to them was having it confiscated) and I think I over did it a bit and threw up. Before I even got past the entrance. :o

Oh yes. I just got a Dreamscape video...It's Dreamscape 28, 11th April 1998. Not the one I wanted unfortunatley, I think I must have been to Dreamscape 26? I got it off Ebay and they had the wrong dates on the ad. If anyone wants it before I relist it give us a shout (I dunno if I'm allowed to say that...apologies in advance!)
    Zoma...ur PM box is full so i cant PM you back.

i didnt have any trouble with the Birkenhead but PM me when u've cleared ur mailbox and i'll tell you a story....;)
    Sorry mate, emptied now. :thumb: