Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sneezing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do i stop it, i have been having sneezing fits since last night & you know that feeling when you think you are gonna sneeze but you don't? Well i got that aswell argh. Its there anything that will stop it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BritJames
    the side of your nose which is tingling, just hold your finger firmly against it for about 5 minutes.

The feeling will go away... or I find anyways, heh

Heh been doing that but my arms aching lol.
    You could try this

It's almost always possible to prevent a sneeze. Use your finger to press hard in the midline between your upper lip and your nose. This is a special accupuncture point known as the GV (Governing Vessel) 26 Ren Zhong.

No idea if it actually works though
    Re: You could try this
    Originally posted by Susie
    It's almost always possible to prevent a sneeze. Use your finger to press hard in the midline between your upper lip and your nose. This is a special accupuncture point known as the GV (Governing Vessel) 26 Ren Zhong.

Ooo will give it a go.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Sneezing
    Originally posted by Tweety
    How do i stop it, i have been having sneezing fits since last night & you know that feeling when you think you are gonna sneeze but you don't? Well i got that aswell argh. Its there anything that will stop it?

why are you sneezing lots m'dear?
    Re: Re: Sneezing
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    why are you sneezing lots m'dear?

I don't know, i think its the change in weather. :s
    Re: You could try this

It did :D. Well i never knew that before :).
    you don't have hayfever, do you?

cause the hayfever-afflicted in my life have started to get all sneezy these last few days...
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    you don't have hayfever, do you?

cause the hayfever-afflicted in my life have started to get all sneezy these last few days...

It probably is grr, i didnt have it when younger, but a year or so ago it started. Its not too bad at the moment now. At least i can breath as it used to affect that.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by BritJames
    the side of your nose which is tingling, just hold your finger firmly against it for about 5 minutes.

I've found that after five minutes the feeling is gone anyway.

I thought that trying to stop a sneeze might cause damage to some things (including the brain). But if you suggest that, does it mean it was a lie? Or that this specific method is safe?
    I always get a sneezy feeling when I'm at work, its so annoying esp as it looks well dodgy as the only way I can stop it is by rubbing the top of my nose!

never used to get hayfever but each yr now i seem to get it a lil bit worse than the previous yr-maybe its the pollution?
    I had a bad case of the sneezes a few days a go - Think it was hayfever, though never suffered of it before but felt better after couple of days.

Really hate that feeling, when you think you're about to sneeze and it won't come out. Was wearing sunglasses coz my eyes were all red and cringed most of the day. People kept asking if I was alright coz they thought I was crying... :p
    Totally hate that! You sit there sniffing with watery eyes and its sio embarrassing!
    Susie wrote:

Wow I'm going to suggest that to my boyfriend, I wonder if it will work though!? He spends A LOT of time sneezing during springtime cause of his terrible pollen allergies & hayfever....never knwon him to be able to stop it though! Even with meds!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Moonmoth wrote:
    Wow I'm going to suggest that to my boyfriend, I wonder if it will work though!? He spends A LOT of time sneezing during springtime cause of his terrible pollen allergies & hayfever....never knwon him to be able to stop it though! Even with meds!
    I see. Dead thread btw. :/
    got really excited then coz i thought tweety was back :(

bloomin noobs!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    got really excited then coz i thought tweety was back :(

bloomin noobs!
    Same, lol. But then I noticed the big black dot on the envelope, which means I've posted in it already...
    Must be bad if she's still coughing over 10 months after posting the thread! That, or this is a dead thread.