Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the express - interesting story

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040422/144/erpna.html

jus reading it made me crack up - how i wonder what headline the express has today, and whether it has theright to call itself a source of factual news not fiction

Comments

• Options
    And at times it has even managed to pass itself off as a nastier version of the Mail.

Good god, nastier than the Mail, is that possible? :)
  • Options
    It's significant because Richard Desmond contributes large sums of money to the Labour Party.

But, of course, getting your news from Yahoo!, you'd know this already.
  • Options
    Desmond is a profoundly nasty piece of work and a corrupt dickhead. That he is allowed to own a national newspaper is nothing short of a disgrace.

I take some of you will have heard of his latest 'incident' last week... He met some Telegraph bosses to discuss the print works the Express and Telegraph groups jointly own. But Desmond chose instead to embark in a 4-minute racist outburst, calling the Telegraph bosses "fucking wankers" and "fucking cunts", giving Nazi salutes, asking his Express minions to sing "Deutschland uber Alles" with him, goose-stepping and suggesting all Germans are Nazis. This from the man whose own grandmother died in a Nazi concentration camp...

Below is the full story. Read it through it because it really beggars belief. Though I must say I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in that office! :D

http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/story/0,14173,1200881,00.html
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    It's significant because Richard Desmond contributes large sums of money to the Labour Party.

Or, at least did...
    But, of course, getting your news from Yahoo!, you'd know this already.

Hmm, are they linked?
  • Options
    Howard is a cunt I hope he dies a painful death.
  • Options
    id rather the express supported tories vcause they both scum
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Howard is a cunt I hope he dies a painful death.

I didn't realise you knew him personally.
  • Options
    I don't. He's still a cunt though. A jumped up authoratarian shitbag.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    if you support the tories your scum... what idiots make this sort of comment.

Liberal democrats are more scum because they are so liberal on everything that they let everyone walk all over them.

huhi didnt say your scum, so you dont like socially liberal governments, so im assuming that means youd vote for a facist party due to them being "lets put these people in prison because they dont agree with us" attitude, oh yes you support the bnp dont you

personally i think osmeone is thick if they vote tories, but thats my own opinion, the sort of thing youd like to clamp down on eh

and no i dont like abu hamza before you ask, and no i dont think this country should be an open gate for immigrants, but THIS COUNTRY NEED LOW SKILLED IMMIGRANTS (unless you want to pay extortionate amounts to support all the reitred people here) but i dont think people turning to racism to solve their problems helps either so excuse me for having some level of compassion

btw the reason immigrants dont stop off in france or germany even though they pay more in benefits etc etc is because we dont have unemployment problems and so that would suggest they want to work
  • Options
    The BNP win votes by exploting myths about immigration, the "loss of British identity" to foreigners and assorted bullshit.

And that's exactly what rags such as the Daily Hatemail or the Scum do on a daily basis.

As far as I'm concerned there are only two types of BNP voters: those who vote for them because they share their racist xenophobic agenda, and those who are so gullible and stupid they believe the BNP somehow speaks the truth about immigration, asylum or the impact of foreigners in this country and it's the party that can deal most effectively with such issues.
  • Options
    The BNP is against all sorts of immigration Lukesh... I thought you said you didn't mind migrants who came here to work.

Do you now advocate "voluntary" repatriation of non-whites living here and a full stop to immigration, as the Nazi boys do?
  • Options
    whats wrong with someone trying to make a better life for them selevs the proper way.

Nothing. So what immigration are you against?
  • Options
    lol turning everything i say again. I have asian/black friends I'm certainly not racist and they make this country better.

I do NOT dupport bnp as you are trying to say.. top line.

I'm not aginst all sorts of immigration... whats wrong with someone trying to make a better life for them selevs the proper way.
    Well you were the one saying the BNP partly speaks the truth about immigration weren't you?

I doubt the BNP knows how to spell 'immigration', let alone knowing anything about it.
  • Options
    What gangs that the government lets in?
  • Options
    Which ones exactly?

Actually no. Fuck it. You're not worth it.

I'm off to put our new futon together.
  • Options
    in the immigration area your knowledge is pants.

Hmmmmm...I've worked with asylum seekers on media projects, I have a friend who does advocacy work with asylum seekers, another doing an MA in Refugee Studies, more mates doing media projects, I'm twice your age and live in one of the most ethnically diverse areas in the country, I read other papers apart from The Sun...hmmmmm...which one of us knows more about the subject?

Hmmmmmm....hard choice innit?

Fool.
  • Options
    Blagsta
    I've worked with asylum seekers on media projects, I have a friend who does advocacy work with asylum seekers, another doing an MA in Refugee Studies,

nice to see tax-payers money poured down the drain

Blagsta has a vested interest in asylum seekers, hence his endless advocacy
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    Blagsta

And you have a vested interest against them, being a BNP activist.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    Blagsta

I'm getting a bit sick of your snide non-contributions ladymuck. You are on thin ice.

Please stop making personal remarks (and that goes for you as well Blagsta), and play nice.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    LMAO!!
    That goes for you too. Play nice.