Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

OK don't mean to be crude

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
But over the past few weeks have had a mild case of the runs (which is not normal I know) and also I have been very gassy. Could my diet be causing this? I hardly drink fizzy drinks or anything and mainly drink water also I have cut back on junk food and things and eat fresh fruit and veg.

Or do you think I should go and see my doctor?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Worth going to your doc to see what they say. Could just be a bug.
    could be the change in your diet, or maybe a wee bug or you could have ibs...... go see your doc, its always best x
    Bugs don't normally last for over 3 weeks do they?
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    Ones i have had havent no, but its possible. Anyway its worth a trip to the docs.

dont think so so it could be ibs. i had a stomach bug that i picked up at nursery and ever since then ive had stomach problems and after tests to rule out other things i was diagnosed with ibs, it can apparantly be triggered by a bug!
    Whats ibs?
    Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Vegatbles are prone to give you gas, I'd advise you to eat more fibre, which will firm up your poo a bit.
    Whats ibs?
    There's a feature on it on theSite. I'll go find it.
    Edited to add this link
    any prolonged change in your bowel habit should be investigated. it could just be down to a bug, or a change in diet, but it could also be down to a lot of other things, and it's always best to rule them out.

and yeah, fresh fruit and veggies, especially ones with a lot of vitamin C in, can make you a bit.... loose, shall we say. if it's just that, try eating fibre, like becks said. grainy bread and pasta and potatoes will do the job, or you can get something like fybogel from the chemist.

but i would see a doctor first.
    I am going to make an appointment at the doctors next week and see if there is anything wrong.
    I went to the docs today and she listened loads of things what might be causing it so next week I have to get loads of tests done. So scared because I have to get blood tests and I HATE needles.