Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

co-workers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Overr the past few weeks I think I'm starting to fancy my co-worker.

She's not that much younger than me (she's 20 so that's about 4 years) and she has a nice body and a good personality.

The thing is she said she was married when she first joined our organisation (which was last year) but today she said she was getting divorced.

I thought to myself that her being married meant I was having a harmless infatuation and should get over it, but the divorce thing opens up new querstions.

Seeing she'd be single again soon, should I pursue it??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Could be a risky one if she is on the rebound. Go for it if it feels right but you could end up getting hurt.
    Personally, I let her know how you feel and go from there.

I wouldn't ever have a work relationship again, - last time was a complete nightmare.

Good luck to you though! :D
    Hmm, tough one. You should let her know how you feel but only if you're pretty sure she likes you back, incase it all goes tits up.

Arrange a works drink one night in a pub to get to know her better and where you've got other friends to fall back on and feel comfortable enough with if she knocks you back.

I met my current boyfriend at work and I was in another serious relationship at the time. I called it off to be with him 'cuz I knew that I couldn't ignore my feelings anymore. Staying with my ex and trying to ignore my feelings for someone else was one of the worst and hardest things I've ever done.

I don't work with my boyfriend anymore but I'd say that is a good thing. We got together properly after he left the job but I doubt I'd have been able to keep up a full-blown relationship with someone I worked with all the time.

Also, no disrespect to this girl, but if she is only 20 and has been married and divorced, is she really the kind of person you want to get involved with? There could be quite a lot at stake if it all goes wrong, but then again if you don't ask you'll never know!
    I would personally give it a while before I did anything about it. There are so many things that could go wrong here- she's going through a divorce and is probably emotional and on the rebound (if she's even interested in a relationship so soon after a divorce) and you work with her. So, if things go bad you still have to see her every week - and there seems like a lot of potential for things to go bad.

Also, you say you've only just started to feel this way about her in the past couple of weeks even though you've been there a while. I would just give it a bit of time to see how she's doing and how you feel about her now that it is a possibility.
    Good luck to you though!

Thanks!!:cool:
    Hmm, tough one. You should let her know how you feel but only if you're pretty sure she likes you back, incase it all goes tits up.

Not to sound dumb but how would I do that?? I'd feel too awkward (or am I just being too pussyish??! I'm not normally that unconfident! :confused:).

I think my attraction to her is largely a physical one; as I said I think her body is good. But I like her as a person too.
    Also, no disrespect to this girl, but if she is only 20 and has been married and divorced, is she really the kind of person you want to get involved with? There could be quite a lot at stake if it all goes wrong, but then again if you don't ask you'll never know!

I guess. And I do understand that so soon after a major relationship she may be looking for a rebound or she may not be ready or willing for another relationship.
    You should be able to tell if she likes you or not - has she given you any signals? Whats the body language like? Do you openly flirt? Things like that are pretty good indicators...

If you thought you'd get knocked back straight away, you wouldn't be on here asking how to ask her out so there must be something there! Just use your gut feeling... and make sure you're comfortable around her!
    Originally posted by brogmalog

exactly what i was thinking. already divorced at 20? there's something very wrong there.

personally i'd steer well clear.