Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

becoming unemplyed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bit of a pointless thread but anyway.

I've just found out thismorning that the company i work for is closing down the shop i work in, inlcudung a lot more as well. Right now i mainly feel angered with them rather than shocked, i always said that our shop would close sooner than everyone used to make out but i never thought it would be this soon ( ive only been there 2 years, 3 this october) There policy on this kind of thing is usually to find you another store to work from but having already shut another 2 stores last week all the vacancies they had around this are have been taken which pretty much means as it stands that we're out of a job.
I dont have any proper qaulifications or anything and the part that worries me is that i wont be able to find another suitable job where i can use what knowledge i have to benefit me so to speak. I am quite angry that they arre doing this but i do understand slightly why it may have to be done.

Dunno why im posting ths prob could just do with some advice...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Also if you've been there 2-3 years that's a decent amount of real work experience you've got under your belt. Think of all the skills you now have that you didn't before. Try and keep things pleasant in the workplace so that you can walk out of there with a glowing reference that should help you land another job.

If you want advice on what your rights are regarding notice, payouts etc you can speak to the cab:
    Citizens Advice Service (formerly the the National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux) (CAB)
    Advice and information on a range of issues, including benefits and welfare rights, consumer, employment and housing rights, immigration and nationality, money and debt.
    Web: www.adviceguide.org.uk

Take care

Susie
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Found out today that the shop is definetly closing. Sucks bit time but what can you do. The laughable part of it is how much redundency pay i personally will get, it shocking !

Need to wait and see what happens over the next 3 months.

Thanks for that link susie.

:-/