Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Penis muscles and urinating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know what it is that makes us urinate? Only over the past few weeks I have gone to the toilet, done the usual "shake and tuck" walked out of the toilets and then it is as if there is a little bit that got left behind, so to speak and I have to again, but it's hardly anything. Just a little dribble. I feel as if I have a slack muscle in my urethra or something. Is it in anyway connected to my PC muscle, and could "exercising" it make any difference?

:blush:

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure, has your caffine intake gone up lately, that has a direct effect on the amount you piss and how often.

Also it may just be habit now, in that your mind thinks you need to even if you really dont.

It may just be worth standing, or sitting there for a little while longer to make sure.

I'm sure exercising your PC muscles cant hurt.

Also, just holding it, by holding on and not going when you first feel the need to you exercise your bladder making it able to hold onto liquid better. A somewhat pointless exercise you would say, but it will help prevent incontenance when your older.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I'm not sure, has your caffine intake gone up lately, that has a direct effect on the amount you piss and how often.

Also it may just be habit now, in that your mind thinks you need to even if you really dont.

It may just be worth standing, or sitting there for a little while longer to make sure.

I'm sure exercising your PC muscles cant hurt.

Also, just holding it, by holding on and not going when you first feel the need to you exercise your bladder making it able to hold onto liquid better. A somewhat pointless exercise you would say, but it will help prevent incontenance when your older.

Thanks for replying. Unlike the other 49 who read it and probably had a good giggle.:rolleyes:

I don't think my caffeine intake has changed at all. The only thing I am eating now that I wasn't a few weeks ago are bagels, and they are just bread, right?

I will try the waiting longer and and standing there longer thing.

:)
  • Options
    I heard holding it back is bad for you. It hurts whenever I do that. And I know what you mean doc, it happens to the best of us :p I reckon it is diet related possibly because sometimes it happens but usually all the plumbing goes happily along.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Thanks for replying. Unlike the other 49 who read it and probably had a good giggle.:rolleyes:

...hehe ;)

what I've heared is that you shouldn't hold it back or pee in a stop&go-way.
    instead lie down and excercise the muscle (you would use when trying to stop peeing mid-stream) when not having to go to the bathroom. hold it for a couple of seconds, relax and go again until you feel tired down there.

do this every day/night and not only will you be able to get more out of urinating ;) but also longer & harder standing ovations from little willy :D
  • Options
    When i was pregnant i was told that women & men should excercise thier pelvic floor muscles to help prevent problems later in life. Could be well worth a go.
  • Options
    I wasnt suggesting that you hold it for hours on end till your piss seeps out of your skin. Just a little longer than you normally would.
  • Options
    Originally posted by FLX
    [Bdo this every day/night and not only will you be able to get more out of urinating ;) but also longer & harder standing ovations from little willy :D [/B]

And make you shoot your cum further ...