Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

chances

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
me and my bf had sex on thrusday night, we didnt use any protection as he thought i was still on my pill but i had come off it at the beginning of the month after bleeding. What are the chances of me being pregnant do you think? or am i just thinking too much into it? Im not due on until the 14th of may :(

Comments

• Options
    doesnt matter what the chance is - you are at risk. get down to your GP or buy a home pregnancy testing kit, then decide where to go. Nothing else you can do until you know one way or the other.

And wondering whether you or aren't is just going to make you worry and feel stress-sick. Which is never nice. Better to know one way or the other.

Oh and next time you should tell you're boyfriend you aren't protected! Good luck and hope things go well :)
  • Options
    What made him think you were still protected...you should have told him. Abortion isn't a contraceptive.

You've left it too late for the morning after pill so you need to get a test. Might have to wait a while before you can do it though.

Talk to him about using condoms.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    Abortion isn't a contraceptive.

I know it isnt, i wouldnt even consider that. I know i sound so stupid, im just looking for a bit of advice. I know i should have told him, i didnt think though :(
    Fearne x
  • Options
    surely you would use condoms anyway...what about STD's and the like.

Hope it turns out ok for you though
  • Options
    Originally posted by cheesy_stick
    surely you would use condoms anyway...what about STD's and the like.

We've been together a year in may, so we both know we have nothing.
  • Options
    yes there is a chance you could be pregnant but i think you have to wait for the first day of your period to take a test. try not to stress out too much because that in itself can delay periods.

in the meantime you need to tell your boyfriend that you are no longer on the pill so that you can use condoms in future. if you've escaped pregnancy this time, you may not the next time.
  • Options
    Isn't it worth mentioning the IUD? I know it's not used that much but the things on the net I've read about emergency contraception say that it can be used within five days of unprotected sex... which would mean tomorrow would still be ok.

Unless someone else can tell me otherwise.

http://www.thesite.org.uk/youthnet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=132&a=496

http://www.fpa.org.uk/guide/emergncy/index.htm#19
  • Options
    You'll have to wait until your due on, to know. Good luck! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fearne
    We've been together a year in may, so we both know we have nothing.

Were you both virgins and have you both been faithful...if so you probably have no worries as far as STD go but pregnancy is a real possibility..beleve me!

Get a test.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    Unfortunately, you are at some risk of pregnancy, BUT it's probably too early to get a pregnancy test. If you miss your period, that's the time to do one. You can get a free pregnancy test at Brook centres, your local family planning clinic and some doctors (GPs) and of course you can buy them from a pharmacy.

If you've had unprotected sex you could also be at risk of a sexually transmitted infection you can get information and advice about these from Brook centres and family planning clinics or you can get tested at your local GUM clinic (which you can also find through the fpa search.

But most important of all is not to panic, all the places I've listed for you also offer advice and information. They'll deal with your problems in complete confidence and talk you through all your options.

Hope this helps,
    CB