Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How much alcohol do you consume...

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I drink a big bottle of Lambrini before I go out.
    Then go to the pub and drink lots of vodka(bout 10 a night) and apple sours.
    This is only at the weekend though not everyday!
    Just because your not drinking every day doesn't stop you having a harmful relationship with alcohol.

Binge drinking is very harmful on your liver and body in general, not to mention the problems you can obviously get into if your so out of it.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Just because your not drinking every day doesn't stop you having a harmful relationship with alcohol.

Binge drinking is very harmful on your liver and body in general, not to mention the problems you can obviously get into if your so out of it.

Too true Bong. There is a big government campaign kicking off at the moment, see this BBC report and the related articles. It is centered around highlighting the dangers of the binge drinking culture, particularly amongst young people. This is a summary of the government's Alcohol Harm Reduction Strategy from the UK online website, and this is a link to information on binge drinking risks from the Alcohol Concern website.

Sorry, information overload!!!
    I'll have a read LadyJade, thanks for the links, I know they werent really meant for me as such.

A lot more needs to be done to inform people of the risks of drinking in the way that they do.

People drinking tennants super on the street are NOT the only alcoholics.

And even if your not an alcoholic you can do your health and life just as much damage through this type of harmful drinking.
    Yeah to be honest last year I was mixing at least one or two large bottles of spirits with cans of stella etc and 5-10 pills minimum on a Friday night and going out :(

I got arrested four times (i think) for drunk and disorderly since October, I also lost 5 phones, lost my wallet once, woke up about 50 times with no memory, got found sleeping on walls and alleys in my local town centre, pretty bad.. I knew I was in the shit when I took e's at my Christmas work doo at Grand Jury (5*) hotel in Cardiff.. took the pills and spent the night on triple vodka and red bull as it was a free bar.. I got kicked out for fighting the bouncers and pissed in a flower pot out the front, then got kicked out of two other clubs before going home.. What a mess!

I'm slowly getting better, I haven't been hammered for ages and like I said the heavy drugs are almost non-existent, apart from the cravings.. I'm smoking weed every day still, something I might try to stop this week...

Had a 12 wk scan and got a pic of my nipper today!! :D
    Well then its serious then, time to stop, you cant be doing stuff heavily if you have a kid.
    Exactly, got a scan photo now! :D