Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Not enough time, feeling the strain, FATIGUED

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got my exams coming up and i'm getting ready to move to spain as well and I just feel like I don't have enough time left. I mean, my french oral is in 2 weeks and I ahvent even prepared my presentation. It's probably less than 2 weeks now mind. 15 days actually I think so.. Anyway. The point is, how do I keep my concentration levels up because I'm not falling asleep I'm just not able to focus and I can't get everything done if I'm like a zombie!

Sorry if wrong forum but I thought lack of alertness/concentration could come under health. Thanks in advance, ShyBoy

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What about pro-plus? Always worked for me.

(whereabouts in spain are you moving to?)
    eat well

sleep well (no late chats on msn)

and stop worrying about coming out here, you are in a much better situation than i was, because i had no one i even remotely know, you have have me out here. friends will be very easily sortable, there are loads of very nice people out here and your mates in england you can still keep in touch with.

i know this sounds all hippyish but get some flower remedies (i'm ask my mum which ones are good for the consentration and tell you tomorrow) but holly is good for exam type stuff. lavender oil, in a burner before you go to bed is good to help you relax and become calmer.

don't drink lots of coffee, drink red bull type stuff, or take caffine tabs because it's only a short burst of energy, not long lasting, eat a banana instead.

only revise for 30 mins then take a 5 min break and never revise for more than 3 hours a day.

it will be ok.

and i'm sorry but i have instructed your sister to give you lots more hugs on my behalf :)

lots of hugs and love
    Hiya
    Exam time is always stressful and your feelings of not having the time to fit eveything in are perfectly normal. There are ways that you can learn to cope, though - with a bit of organisation and planning you can do it!
    Take a read of the following features that will give you loots of useful tips to get started.
    Revision basics
    Coping with Stress
    Good luck
    Hannah Spaner :)
    Originally posted by spanner
    Hiya
    Exam time is always stressful and your feelings of not having the time to fit eveything in are perfectly normal. There are ways that you can learn to cope, though - with a bit of organisation and planning you can do it!
    Take a read of the following features that will give you loots of useful tips to get started.
    Revision basics
    Coping with Stress
    Good luck
    Hannah Spaner :)

that helps me deal with the psychological side of it but at the moment my mind is like a brick wall, ive got so little concentration that i get lost mid sentence. ive started to actually sleep through lessons at school. anyway i dont know what im asking just. need a way to break out if you know what i mean - but with exams coming up i cant really.
    Having a blocked mind is so hard to work through and I really feel for what you're going through. My advice would be to try and stick to quite a rigid routine. This is the best way to get regular sleep - going to bed and getting up at the same times every day. It may be difficult at first but after a week or so your body should adjust - it's a case of having to force yourself to get up when you're still tired! The other thing to try to get into your routine is short breaks, especially getting out into the fresh air. When you are revising people often convince themselves that they can't take any breaks, but if you don't this kind of 'block' builds up. If you take short regular breaks, you'll actually have more energy and better oncentration, so you'll get more done in the long run.
    Sorry for waffling a bit here, but I hope you catch the drift of what I'm trying to get at!
    Keep at it!
    :)