Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am I in serious debt now?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've decided college isn't for me.

I've had a Student Loan from the SAAS, as well as a Young Student's Bursary which paid for my tuition fees.

I'm far too behind to catch up with any of the course work and I refuse to go back WHATSOEVER, it's just a bad judgement of the course I'm on. That's that out the way.

Question : Will I need to repay back my tuition fees, as well as the Bursary? I know I will need to pay the loan back, but not after I earn over 15 - 18K.

I'm in Scotland, btw. So this should rule out a few people from answering.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Not meaning to be a dick but you'd be best to phone the SAAS and find out. For me I pay my loans etc back once I reach a certain wage. I don't think they'll come gunning for you but it's best to be sure and give them a phone.

Not much help but hey!
  • Options
    Yeah, like infinite said, the best way to know definitively is to phone the SAAS board and check it out with them. I think you might have to send a waiver from every year you are not earnign above the bassline for repayments though, but againt ehy'll be able to sort you out. Is there no way you can change course or owt?