Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Are you a liberal?

A few comments on here and when talking to others have made me think.

Drug users I always thought were in the main a somewhat liberal group. And I guessed that this liberalism extended to other areas too.

So, to test this can you give a short answer to the following issues.

Gay marraige, aggree or disaggree?

Homosexuals in general, comfortable in their company?

Death Penalty?

Asylum seekers?

Being politically correct?

And do you think your drug use has effected your views at all?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Are you a liberal?

Homosexuals should have the same rights as heterosexuals

Yes.

Death Penalty?

Against it.

Asylum seekers?

No problem with them

No one's ever explained to me what this is. If it means respecting other people's cultures, then I'm all for it. Its usually used as a term with which bigots justify their own bigoted views though, with expressions such as "I'm not racist but, this is political correctness gone too far" or other such nonsense.

Hard to answer. Probably. I think taking psychedelics can make you more open to seeing other points of view. But only if you were inclined that way in the first place. Drug use is affected by the social context in which it happens, so different cultures will get different things out of drug use.
    I'd pretty much totally aggree with you Blagsta, I guess I was using the political correct phrase to see how people reacted.

It can mean anything between not using nig** anymore to just the total other end of the spectrum where you not even meant to mention someones colour.
    No, my view is marriage is for men and women to join together, not men and men or women and women.

No don't mind them,why would i? I'm not gay.

Death Penalty?
    For it, but only in extreme cases.

Asylum seekers?
    Nothing against them.

If it means respecting other's cultures then yes i do, people live differently from each other, everyone is different.

Yes, expanding your mind through mushrooms and the sort, it makes you more aware of things, more aware of other's views, that sort of thing.

You never answered your own questions bong.
    Gay marriage? Disagree but wouldn't campaign against it.

Homosexuals in general, comfortable in their company? Yeah, if anyone's been to any decent club then you'll appreciate it's necessary. Although i'll admit wasn't in my early years until I did.

Death Penalty? In extreme cases where guilt is not in question. i.e. paedophilia, murder.

Asylum seekers? Genuine ones, not economic migrants. Funny how the majority I see are young males.

Being politically correct? Certainly peoples religions and cultures must be respected although the fact my daughter will think that the idea that I had a Golly Wog as a child is absurd seems strange to me.

And do you think your drug use has effected your views at all? Without doubt.
    Gay marriage? i think that if two straight people who love each other can be married then why shouldn't to gay people who love each other have the same right...

Homosexuals in general, comfortable in their company? yes, i have close friends who are gay, why should their sexuality be an issue...

Death Penalty? for certain crimes in certain cases....where guilt is unquestionable and the crime is unforgiveable....(pedophilia, murder, rape etc)

Asylum seekers? only the genuinely needy...dont agree with the scrounging kind.

Being politically correct? i dont quite know what political correctness is...open to interpretation really isnt it....

And do you think your drug use has effected your views at all? i think anyone willing to be experimental enough in their own mind to try any kind of mind altering substance has a more open view than most.....well mostly anyway.
    Re: Are you a liberal?

Agree.

Have a few gay friends, so yeah.

Death Penalty?

Only for extreme crimes, and even then, only when the evidence is 100% conclusive.

Asylum seekers?

All for it, but only let in how many we can support. No point being stupid about it and having nowhere to put them etc.

Though illegal immigrants, get the fuck out.

Tbh, the death penalty should be administered to whoever thought this shit up.

On some things, yeah - but not on the issues mentioned above.
    fuckin' commie bastards.
    Gay marriage, agree or disagree?

Agree

Yes, after all, they are just people

Death Penalty?

Disagree

Asylum seekers?

I'm for it, but only to a degree

As for the things they come up with ie. you can't say brainstorm anymore, it's mind shower and it's not manhole :confused: I think they should just stick to what people understand, forget about being politically correct

Not generally no
    i totally agree, i think that if they wanna going it then they should be allowed by law.

i have many homosexual friends, and i love them all to bits. and some gay men are soooooo helpful when shopping.

Death Penalty?
    ummm, yes, but i do think that castration should be a penalty to rapists.

Asylum seekers?
    if they have a useful job, i.e. doctor, teacher, sciencetist, or honstly need refuge then yes, but i think the borders need to be kept nder control better

i can't be bothered with it.

ohhhhh, so much. last year i saw smoking, drinking, taking drugs, and loads of sexual stuff as something horrible that ruined peoples lives because thats what i'd been told to school. then i started smoking weed, drinking, and having boys be intresed in me. and the world changed. i think that going to camp change it too.
    Originally posted by Madgal99
    As for the things they come up with ie. you can't say brainstorm anymore, it's mind shower and it's not manhole :confused: I think they should just stick to what people understand, forget about being politically correct

No one actually says these things ime.

No problems.

Ditto above, each to their own

Death Penalty?

Nah

Asylum seekers?

If they have a proper case, yeah.

Note: Not to be confused with migrants

Ploughpersons lunch anyone? Nah didn't think so.

I tend to think the media gives out the wrong message about some drug use (ecstacy etc) Those in the know, know best ;)
    Interesting stuff, thanks for all the replies.

My views.

Gay marraige - No problem with it what so ever, they should have the same rights as straight people. If the Church doesnt really want to let them use their locations though thats fair enough.

Homosexuals - I havent got any friends who are totally gay but a few mates have been at some point or other. My only issue is I seem to attract gay men and that has got a little difficult on a couple of occations.

Death Penalty - Against it in every case, it brings out the worst types of feelings in people. Its much better to make them serve out a long sentance.

Asylum seekers - Fine, we could afford to take even more and it would help our image abroad. The system is crap at the moment though and needs revising.

Political correctness - Just common sense needs to be exercised I think, also it seems some groups go out of their way to find things to get offended by.
    Gay marraige, aggree or disaggree? Agree

Homosexuals in general, comfortable in their company? Yes

Death Penalty? Strongly disagree! Hate it.. America needs to fix up with that one!

Asylum seekers? Legit asylum seekers i have no problem with, as long as they pay their way, illegal ones do piss me off but then its not their fault really, id do the same in their situation so no blame for them, just blame for our government

Being politically correct? Its a nice concept.. at least now we are expected to be PC rather than be prejudiced, racist, homophobic etc etc wotsits. But then, its wrong to force somebody to have to be PC..

And do you think your drug use has effected your views at all? Nah