Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I want to make my own T-shirts:)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you make your own T-shirts I want like plain T-shirts or shirts with picutres on like my AV and stuff? how can you do it:)

Custom clothes rock:)

Kaffrin oh wise one I'm sure your know please arnswer:)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try this thread. If you looked, you woulda seen it a few down from the top.
    Is there some thing where you use special paper put it through the printer and it prints out and iron it on.. Ifso do you use special ink and is it any good?

Sorry I'm not very good at this these things?

How do you do it?

(thanks for link)
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61762

and i personally think that printer transfer paper looks really shit, but some people seem to like it, so.....
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61762

and i personally think that printer transfer paper looks really shit, but some people seem to like it, so.....

your a star :heart: thanks kaffrin.. I'll try the printer one where you bung the paper in the printer (can you use normal ink though or special printer ink) also where can I get hold of the equipment I just want quick cheap and not the best quality stuff to begin with..
    Just normal ink. Make sure you buy the right paper for your printer (i.e. inkjet or laser) though or it won't work.
    just go to john lewis and get dylon image maker. its like £3 ok, so its not top quality, but your first couple of goes you wont like anyways (trust me) so whats the point in shelling out till you know what works and what doesnt
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    just go to john lewis and get dylon image maker. its like £3 ok, so its not top quality, but your first couple of goes you wont like anyways (trust me) so whats the point in shelling out till you know what works and what doesnt

Thank you paperB Is it hard to use and in lamemens guide:)

thank you everyone,
    the instructions on the back made it sound a wee bit more complex than it is, once you get the hang of it you'll be grand.

ok, this is literally a foolproof guide to that stuff

-select the thing you want on the shirt and print it, if you want text you have to do a mirror image of the text as it'll come out back to front otherwise (psp has a handy mirror button)
    -wash and iron your shirt so theres no creases
    -pop a bit off tin foil under the shirt so the gunk doesnt drip onto the floor
    -cut around the image
    -slop the gunk onto it and cover liberally
    -place the image wet side down on the shirt then cover it with some kitchen roll and rolling pin over it for a minute
    -take the kitchen roll off and leave the shirt to dry over night
    -take a soaking wet cloth and from the centre rub off the paper carefully there should still be some 'fuzzy paper' as they call it left
    -leave it to dry
    -rub the rest off with a moist cloth (i find that using a damp cotton bud (q-tip) is best and doesnt smudge the image so much
    -when all the surface stuff is off leave it to dry again
    -put a teeny bit off the gunk back on the image to seal it, get a paint brush and paint it on.
    -leave it to dry for 4 days before you wash it, then you can get to work with the stain remover for all the smudged bits.
    Thank you sooooo much :) does it work on many materials? or just cotton shirts or whats best?

Thank you everyone and thanks for putting up with me as I know fuck all about custom printing ect..
    doesnt really matter as long as its white.

they turn out alright, not wonderful though
    The actual paper iron-on stuff isn't great really. No matter how long I seemed to iron it on for, it just wouldnt stick down.
    There are a couple of shops near where I live (Liverpool) that will print T-shirts. It's about £15, or less if you can provide the blank T-shirt. Have a look around, 'cos they'll be fairly decent quality.
    doesnt really matter as long as its white.
    You can get transfer paper for dark t-shirts, too.
    would be relevant had i been talking about transfer paper.
    however i was not. the stuff i was talking about does not look good on any colour other than white, unless you want to start painting around the edges of it all.
    would be relevant had i been talking about transfer paper.
    however i was not. the stuff i was talking about does not look good on any colour other than white, unless you want to start painting around the edges of it all.
    Sorry! Misunderstood.
    i like transfer paper.
    ~print mirror image
    ~cut out
    ~iron on
    simple!:)
    iv used epson stuff cos iv got epson printer+i find it transfers ok as long as u kinda peel as u go, so peel off straight after ironed a certain bit or it will re-stick.not v gd on dark colours but is gd on light colours+i have found it lasts well too:D
    I used some of the transfer paper to make a tshirt last night (first time I'd tried it) and it seemed to work fine. Who knows how long it will last for in the wash , especially with my student stylee "just bung it in" approach, but it was easy enough to do and looks ok.

Probably best for square images like photos or text on a background rather than more intricate things, but it seemed to look OK even with vast ammounts of just the transfer paper stuff.

Would include a photo but I cant find the camera...
    stupid question but why do you have to print everything in a mirror image? or is it only text?
    just text.images will just be backwards if you dont print mirror image.if you dont mind which way itl come out you dont need to bother with reversing