Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Having trouble finding work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I really need some help,Im 18 been on the crap dole for 3 and abit months i need to find a job and fast or my girlfriend of 2 years is gonna leave me, im with the jobcentre but they are crap and cant find me anything,the only problem is i left school with no grades but people think im smart,im trying to start a I.T course at college and look for a part time job doing anything.

Please help

Thanks

Phil

P.S Im not a lazy kev weed smoking person nither is my GF and we dont have kids.

P.P.S I have Blue Hair ;)

Comments

• Options
    Job Centre usually is shit mate, im in the same position as you but im not on the dole.

Emmm i suggest asking your friends if they have vacancies at their work places, or handing a CV into local retail shops for temporary work until you find a good job.

To be honest, you could be a real smart guy but if you aint got the grades then employers dont give a shit (stupid i know).

If you can try to get a part time job, then go to college and get a couple of grades then in the long run your ok.

Sorry if thats not much help mate.
  • Options
    Temp agencies are the place to go, they get paid for finding you a place, unlike the job centre really.

If you have a clean driving licence you can ALWAYS (at least in London) get a driving job delivering stuff. Its shit work but the pay isnt always that bad.

Then I would go to the local college and see if you can sign up for evening courses in computing. If your on the dole or on low income it may well be free.

There are oportunities out there you just have to work hard.

You could ring that learn direct number too.
  • Options
    Do you get interviews? Perhaps it's the Blue Hair?
  • Options
    I can get interviews,just no one gives me a chance
  • Options
    This may be over-simplistic but if you're getting interviews and not getting naywhere then Byny could be right about your hair. It may not seem very fair but some employers are quite conservative and just as they would expect their employees not to come in to work in jeans, for example, they may frown on "unusual" hair colours. Perhaps you should dye it back?