Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

cardiff uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey all, havn't been on for a while. Currently considering unis and was wondering if anyone here went there. I'm looking to do economics and was wondering if anyone could provide me with some first hand knowledge of the place. What's the reputation of the uni? Is the business school good?

I've been to Cardiff a couple of times as I have family in Wales but havn't experienced the social side there really as I was a bit young. Is the nightlife good? Is there good live music venues, i.e for rock music? is it cheap or expensive?

If you could help me out with some info I'd be extremely grateful.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I applied there but although it's a lovely university with a very good reputation, something didn't feel right when I visited.

I'm not saying that to put you off, but to emphasise what I see as the importance of open days. You need to get a feel for the place for yourself, so arrange a visit.

Past that, I'm afraid I don't know much about it.
    I lived in swansea while at uni for nearly 4 years, and had originally wanted to go to cardiff uni, the social life there is really good, there are loads of places to go and the south wales live music scene is thriving, there are some really good bands around dowbn there at the moment too :)

bbc radio wales - music

bar fly cardiff

mycardiff.net
    Re: cardiff uni

My mate went to Cardiff in September and dropped out in january, didn't like it at all, but everyone's experienvce is different. He did like the musis scene cos he's into alternative stuff like me, but didn't like the atmosphere I don't think.
    Cardiff uni was the host of this month's 'sexy university goer' in FHM :yes: and she was well fit... :yum::p
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    Cardiff uni was the host of this month's 'sexy university goer' in FHM :yes: and she was well fit... :yum::p

Lol, having said that, one of the uni goers in Front magazine was from Bolton institute, which sounds like a high-security prison!
    heeeellllllllllllo my son. My time at University is now going to let me be usefull and informative, possibly for the 1st time EVER!
    I lived in swansea while at uni for nearly 4 years,

:) I keep wondering around their campus with a Cardiff Uni jumper on as the current G/F is there, then they mention the varsity match................... :mad:

Okly dokly

-14 000 students
    -Capital Of Wales, therfore more expensive than averige Wales, yet still a lot cheaper than living in the SE of England.
    -Voted best student Union in the UK at some point
    -Economics dept is set at one end of the Uni, away from the town centre near the Talybont halls.
    -Business dept is one of the best in the UK i'm told
    -It rains, but it dosent seem to matter much cos its normal and it dosent flood 1/2 as much as it does here in England

Urm, its over half English people, so dont worry about the Gog's from the North invading in larger numbers, they stick to Bangor.
    If you see a van with Heddlu written on it, RUN AWAY

The millenium stadium is kool

To conclude Cardiff uni is kool.

Bopz

P.S. Its in the Russel group whish is hardcore..... :cool:
    Oh yere, music! Doh

Barfly as said
    Millenium stadium for REALLY big gigs
    Cardiff Arenia
    Cardiff student union, nice venue 2500 people
    Toucon bar

It's a city, so there something for everybody there, its like a mini london or Manchester or something!

Bopz