Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

alternative clothing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone know any good websites where i can buy fairly cheap unusual clothes. i like to lean towards to punk side of fashion, but dont like following trends and wearing what every1 else wears "bcos its cool", im an individual+so want my clothes to reflect that.
i need a site that is preferable british and cheap, but sells unique tops and pants.
also, does anybody know of any good shops?? i live close to manchester and chester, and have been in Soho, stolen from ivors, etc. but i want somewhere new, please give ur suggestions!! thank you! :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    in manchester there is Affleks Palace which is a big building full of 'alternative' clothes and accessories. next door to that across a side street is West Retail Clothing (WRC) which sells bench etc and lots of tops/t-shirts which you don't find on the high street. these are both in the norther quarter near piccadilly station.

good luck in your quest of being oh so individual :thumb:
    Re: alternative clothing
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    i like to lean towards to punk side of fashion, but dont like following trends and wearing what every1 else wears "bcos its cool"

Aah, so you'd much rather follow a trend because it's "oh-so different", nice logic :thumb:
    an individual+so want my clothes to reflect that.

Of course you are, just like eeeveryone else :yeees:
    Originally posted by lipsy
    in manchester there is Affleks Palace which is a big building full of 'alternative' clothes and accessories. next door to that across a side street is West Retail Clothing (WRC) which sells bench etc and lots of tops/t-shirts which you don't find on the high street. these are both in the norther quarter near piccadilly station.

good luck in your quest of being oh so individual :thumb:

thank you for replying. im going to go afflecks palace on sunday, bcos my b/f says its great+he wants to buy some new clothes too. cheers :thumb: :)
    http://www.blackrose.co.uk/

Does all sorts of clothing including more gothic/punky stuff and is in the UK.
    i dont think its possible to be totally individual unless you make your ownclothes!
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    i dont think its possible to be totally individual unless you make your ownclothes!

:D

i think you're right, although i think people can have quite an individual style. although in my experience, people who are truly individual never claim they are.

the most individual person i know was one of the girls i lived with last year, and she wouldn't describe herself as different or unique. in her mind she was just being herself, and doing/wearing/saying whatever she wanted.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    :D

i think you're right, although i think people can have quite an individual style. although in my experience, people who are truly individual never claim they are.

the most individual person i know was one of the girls i lived with last year, and she wouldn't describe herself as different or unique. in her mind she was just being herself, and doing/wearing/saying whatever she wanted.

:yes: anyone who descbibes themselves as individual is just trying to convince themselves. I cant be arsed to make my own clothes but i like to mix n match things and go to 2nd hand shops, i dont think my look is individual but you wouldnt see an outfit im wearing on a manikin in topshop ;)
    OMG.... The black rose couldn't be a worse suggestion!!!!

For one, it's expensive as hell, and for two, NONE clothes in the black rose could be called even slightly 'individual'. If you want to be an individual, DON'T shop there!!!

Black rose, is for goths and goths alike, there's nothing different about the black rose, it's been the same for years and years.

I say try PUNKYFISH. They cater for people like you who need HELP with being 'different'. Grrrr. :mad: :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:

Ilora x
    Pyscho smurf-i luv you all those sites! my bank balance is gonna suffer!
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    I say try PUNKYFISH. They cater for people like you who need HELP with being 'different'. Grrrr. :mad: :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:

AND...you can buy that stuff in TopShop! How handy :P ;)
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    Calm down! Everyone likes to be a bit individual by not always shopping in large chains and I think people need to stop giving her a hard time over that. It wasn't an unreasonable question.
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Calm down! Everyone likes to be a bit individual by not always shopping in large chains and I think people need to stop giving her a hard time over that. It wasn't an unreasonable question.

yeah, thank you. i understand where you're all coming from, and fair enough i respect your opinions. thank you to all the websites every1's given me, im gonna be skint soon.
    oh and kiezo, just for your information, im not 'trying' to be different bcos its cool, ive dressed the alt way since ive been about 9, and im 18 now. ive always been into my own individual style, or at least i try to.
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl

oh and kiezo, just for your information, im not 'trying' to be different bcos its cool, ive dressed the alt way since ive been about 9, and im 18 now. ive always been into my own individual style, or at least i try to.

I never said you were doing it 'cause it's cool, 'cause well, it's fucking not cool.

You said you were wanting to be individual, when in actual fact you're just following another trend.
    jeezus....give the girl a break...she asked where she could get some new clothes.....not "please try and judge my character and personality on the style of my clothes alone"....chill people...
    I think you can dress "individually" regardless of where you buy your clothes from, whats important is that you buy and wear what you like. If you want to buy something from a manaquin in topshop or wherever because you like it and it looks good on you then go for it, because that certainly makes you one hell of a lot more individual than buying something because everyone else is wearing it, or even worse *not* buying it because of the shop you saw it in.

Good luck with your clothes hunting anyway :)
    Psycho_Smurf you soooooooo read kerrang!

im a lil sad how comercial punkyfish is now:(i liked knowin bout this lil place in camden with cool clothes+now its js everywhere.liked my lil secret-didnt wana share
    Originally posted by freak
    im a lil sad how comercial punkyfish is now:(i liked knowin bout this lil place in camden with cool clothes+now its js everywhere.liked my lil secret-didnt wana share
    Likewise! CyberDog is going the same way... but both are too expensive for me anyhoo.
    OMG cyberdog!i looooovvvve that place.not i dont own anything from due to price but i could wonder round there aimlessly for ages!is sooooo cool.
    theres loads of punkyfish rip off stuff available now which is cheaper+js has difff name on.js get some of that=affordable!:)
    Originally posted by almost_innocent
    I think you can dress "individually" regardless of where you buy your clothes from, whats important is that you buy and wear what you like. If you want to buy something from a manaquin in topshop or wherever because you like it and it looks good on you then go for it, because that certainly makes you one hell of a lot more individual than buying something because everyone else is wearing it, or even worse *not* buying it because of the shop you saw it in.

Good luck with your clothes hunting anyway :)

At last... someone with sense :razz: