Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Have you noticed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have you noticed the way this board is on the increase with alot of topics about drugs and such, people talking more about drugs and people getting more curious, this just goes to show how drug use in society is increasing, more people are becoming more interested in it.

Comments

• Options
    yea social awareness to drugs is more commonplace that usual and i think the faxct that there's new members every is also a contribution.
  • Options
    There are loads more people posting on here over last few months, although i wouldnt say that that on its own shows drug use in society and a curiosity of it is increasing though...
  • Options
    I would say that it more relfects the type of people who post in here. Many of them are younger adults users who have just started using pills, speed and mushies for example.

The type of user of these who would go to the effort of asking, researching and talking about other drugs is quite likely to try other things.

I really think that pills can act as a serious gateway drug.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

I really think that pills can act as a serious gateway drug.

is that a personal or general statement?
  • Options
    well what kind of pills? i don't really see them as a gateway. i've been taking some pills for quite a while but i still rarely venture outside pot besides that.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Have you noticed?
    Originally posted by Shogun
    this just goes to show how drug use in society is increasing, more people are becoming more interested in it.

I doubt it.

For the first year I was here (2001) this forum was far busier than it is now - but then people didn't seem as clued up then either.

There are still many people on this site who post n this forum despite the fact they do drugs. And there's a fair few who say they wont go into this forum because " they have no intrest in taking drugs" - whether you intend to take them or not surely it is worth learning about them?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Re: Re: Have you noticed?
    Originally posted by Skive
    I doubt it.

For the first year I was here (2001) this forum was far busier than it is now - but then people didn't seem as clued up then either.

yea but how many possible topics about drugs can be mentioned, most threads now are about personal experiences or if something happens in the news, then again you get the odd person saying "whats an e" or something like that
  • Options
    I don't come on this forum becuase I want to take drugs, I just do because I'm interested in them and their effects as opposed to anything else. And I feel that the place is for that kind of thing as well as people who do take drugs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    well what kind of pills? i don't really see them as a gateway. i've been taking some pills for quite a while but i still rarely venture outside pot besides that.

He means Ecstacy.

Yea, maybe people are just wanting to know more about the drug effects and risks and everything to go with them more.

kingofglasgow; It seems you have a slight interest in drugs if you look at the boards, someday you'll probably end up trying something.
  • Options

kingofglasgow; It seems you have a slight interest in drugs if you look at the boards, someday you'll probably end up trying something.

just because he's interested doesn't mean he wants them, its his choice and it seems to me that people like Kingofglasgow want to be properly informed about drugs that if in the case they want to take them then they'll know in their own minds what to do.
  • Options
    Ecstacy is a gateway drug, it certainly has been for loads of people I know.

You try it, and you think, well this is Class A and its not really dangerous and it doesnt deserve the hype it has. So you maybe look around at the other things in the same kind of bracket. Speed, acid, 2CB etc.
  • Options
    Not at all. I probably have too addictive a personality to be getting into drugs tbh. I think it's interesting to read about the experiences people have and learn as much as I can about it without ever using it. I have thought about trying hash, but never actually gone through with it. I think it's enough for me to know what it does without having to experience it myself. Not just the good ones but the bad ones as well.
  • Options
    Your choice.
  • Options
    the only information i had about drugs as a youngster was from lou reed and dylan ...john lennon and kieth richards. the advice was basicaly ...'everyone must get stoned'.
    i did.
    the advice today exactly is what ...?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    the advice today exactly is what ...?

not to take drugs but then again, i never listen to other people's advice, good or bad
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    not to take drugs but then again, i never listen to other people's advice, good or bad
    there will be times when you wished you did ...remember me when one of lifes upheavels happen ...i told you so!
  • Options
    so you saying not to take drugs mroll?
  • Options
    so you saying not to take drugs mroll?
    well ...in an ideal world maybe we wouldn't need such pleasures and medications but ...just take care everyone. drugs are as dangerous as fast cars and loose women. always best to have your eyes open.
  • Options
    Well government advice is moving towards more harm reduction than the 'just say no' message, but its a slow move.

I would say that not listening to any advice is somewhat foolish, it is good to learn from others mistakes.