Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Young People and Self-Harm: A National Inquiry

The Government has set up an inquiry into the so-called "self-harm epidemic" among young people, and there is an opportunity for people to present evidence, including personal stories and evidence, to the inquiry in order to give mental health professionals a better understanding of what self-harming is all about.

The website is SelfHarmUK.

To add: if one of mods doesn't think that this should be posted on TheSite, just let me know:) I don't know whether it is or not, it was a link found from the article Susie posted in The Observer.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is really interesting and it's about time that they looked into it. I just signed up for them to send me the updates about what they find...
    Re: Young People and Self-Harm: A National Inquiry
    Originally posted by Kermit

To add: if one of mods doesn't think that this should be posted on TheSite, just let me know:) I don't know whether it is or not, it was a link found from the article Susie posted in The Observer.

Not at all - we're all for it - it's about time more notice was taken of self harm and a better understanding and awareness is definitely needed.
    :)
    Thats good.. very good..
    I heard about this a while ago when the web site wasn't running and forgot all about it - cheers for that I'll have a wee look :)
    I think its good that its being investigated at last. I tried to contact them and left a message.