Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

GRR!!!! so frustrated with highschool!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
You guys...thank you so much for even bothering to read this post...I know so many people who have bigger problems than me and yet i can't help but stress. I'm practically stressed about everything in my life.
Family life: my family is a bit short on money because i did something stupid a while ago. My relationship with my mom and stepdad is fucked and they piss me off, trying to tell me what to do and playing the guilt game.
Love: I like this guy who doesn't hate me or anything but he's not used to girls liking him. I want to see if this could go anywhere. I feel I need someone beside me now, more than ever. I went down to a new low...not really but yeah...I snuggled and hugged with my best guy friend. Anyways, I don't want to scare the guy away but my friends think i should definitely ask him out and they're pressuring me to. I want to but I don't want to mess it all up.
Health:I'm not as hyper as i used to be and i'm drained when I come back from school. I want a drink or a smoke REALLY badly but i know this kind of shit could ruin my chance for a good future!
My school play is coming up and i'm in it...my costume isn't ready yet!
School: now that's fucked! I'm taking everything academic and it was going pretty good but I skipped for a week or so and now i'm a bit overwhelmed with everything. One of my teachers even asked me if i want to do Applied (easier) courses instead. I REALLY don't. To me-it's boring! we also started our Independant Study Units in all of my classes and it's 15% of our mark. :eek:
Argh....this is only the half of it...I just don't want to get into the other things right now. You get the point though...I'm stressed and there's nothing I can do to distress. I'm trying not to let it show and It's working except now i'm stressed about not letting it show that i'm stressed. I also didn't write for my school paper for a while. Everything I wrote I ended up throwing it out. HELP!!! My life would be better if i was locked up with crazy people (which almost happened before, by the way). I'm getting a headache from thinking about all this.
Friends: some weird kid follows me around and gossips. He says shit about my friends to my fucking face and acts like a 5 year old. I feel bad so I let him tag along...people tell me i should tell him to piss off but I know what it's like to feel lonely. Only difference is that i was never like him really. Oh god...a bubble bath would be great just about now but I don't have time...:mad:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Woahhhhhhh there!

Take a deep breath and read our coping with stress article which should help heaps. As for the rest of your worries:

1. No-one gets on with their parents all the time, but if you can, try and make some peace with them. It'll make your home life less hellish and be one less thing to stress over.

2. Love - take it slow, don't let your friends pressure you into doing something that you, and he may not be ready for. You may want to talk to the actual guy about how you feel though, and see where he's at.love your best friend?
    Asking someone out

3. Health - eat well, sleep well, drink plenty of water (it aids concentration and energy levels) and get regular exercise and you will feel better :)

4. School - So it was going well but now you are struggling? Ask your tutor to help you catch up and put a little bit more work and effort in until you have.

5. This one's up to you really!

Basically you just need to chill, I don't know your past history but you sound very hyper/ manic and you need to work on ways to get yourself calmer so that you can deal with all the issues in your life. They will all seem much smaller problems when you are relaxed so try to unwind first and then begin to tackle them.

Take care

Susie x
    Yeah, what she said. I've been in a similar situation to you, and i know what its like, but things WILL get better, trust me! It might be hard, but eventually you see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know the day i graduated from my screwed up high school was probably the best day of that year. It felt damn good. :D
    thanks for the advice...:D
    hey ho (sorry just had to pun :)) stress is a bummer - if u you wanna chat privately or anything just PM me and I'll give you my email addy - which can also be used for messenger if you want. Just PM me and I'm more than happy to chat :D
    You should try going to my school...it's a prison.

I'm in sixth form, and for all our morning periods (thats 9-1) we have to go to the library and sit there in silence under supervision. It's not even like we're all really thick or troublesome, we're a grammar school, a group of mature, sensible girls, and we're treated like idiots.

It sucks big time, I can't wait till I leave (thank god that's only 4 weeks away!!).

So if you're stressed out, just say to yourself that at least you don't go to a prison like me hehehe.

Seriously though... I hope you destress yourself soon, stress is a crappy thing, but don't worry, it has to pass sometime!!
    Originally posted by solid_L
    hey ho (sorry just had to pun :)) stress is a bummer - if u you wanna chat privately or anything just PM me and I'll give you my email addy - which can also be used for messenger if you want. Just PM me and I'm more than happy to chat :D

Ditto. :) If you want someone to talk to, IM me. :)