Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Debating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've been running the Junior Debating Society at school for almost two years now, but finally I am able to pass it on to a Year 12 student. So I'm preparing all my info. for her, but I realised that I only have one game that I play with them. Usually we do quite serious stuff, because that's the point of the society and there's anywhere between 8 and 36 9-14 year old girls there, so I need to keep them calm!
The only real debating game I ever came up with was Just a Minute, but we play it every time there's an excuse for a party (end of term, just won a competition, that kinda thing). Can anyone think of other things we could play?

Cheers!
Picc
x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    You could have a Balloon Debate?
    Yeah we've done that before, but we cant' do it and let all 36 of them play, it takes all lunch time to do even if we limit it to 8. One of them did me in a balloon debate once...
    Is Just A Minute where you have to talk on one subject for a minute without hesitation, repetition or deviation?
    Originally posted by Luce
    Is Just A Minute where you have to talk on one subject for a minute without hesitation, repetition or deviation?
    Yes. It's good fun, but I struggle to think of topics sometimes. And it gets very, very noisy!