Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Microsoft the Fuckers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As of 30 March 2004, MSN UK has temporarily closed access to the MSN Member Directory. Please direct all queries to http://www.msn.co.uk/msnhelp.

:( What a bunch of fuckers

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why is that so bad? People can tell you all the stuff on there if you talk to them anyway.
    Just use faceparty or something...

Its probably related with the closing of chatrooms etc... dodgy people browsing profiles...
    Originally posted by Nash
    dodgy people browsing profiles...

:yes:

I do that. :) Four of my friends I initially 'found' on the directory. Needless to say; whilst some people are sensible some people give away their full names and the villages they live in!
    Rude_boyz its a free service so you can hardly winge if they cut it back a bit.
    Tbh, that did piss me off. Just like computers really. You put trust in them for months and months that they're not unreliable pieces of shit, but turns out they are.

Why isn't MSN working, again?
    msn is working its just the member directory is temporarily unavailable. It is a free service you do not have to pay for it so I do not see why everyone thinks it is a crime to bring it offline for a bit.
    It is a free service you do not have to pay for it so I do not see why everyone thinks it is a crime to bring it offline for a bit.

Abit like MSN.

Unreliable bastards. :impissed:
    Yes, but it is a bit discourteous to randomly take things offline with no warning. Kind of like giving someone a present and taking it back every now and again. Ok, bad hypothetical example :p
    no really all internet services need maintenance. Thesite goes down now and again it has about 10,000 users wheras the msn directory has a shit load more. It is only off temporarily so whats the big deal?
    but you know if they do it without warning itll somehow stay like that for errr forever and then theyll say noone used it but paedophiles anyway, even though i use it for just checking my real mates profiles out cause some are funny
    Yes, but with no warning whatsoever it's a bit annoying. Especially when people spend a while working on these profiles a few days before they get taken offline :mad:
    They have closed it due to paedo worries!

The Register - MSN Shuts Member Directory over paedo fears